Discuss opinions..shafted or not? in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

S

Stef

Sounds perfect, unless your supplying pallets of adhesive for a job its not worth the running about just for £20 profit on three bags of addy..
Was talking about this with Craig this morning and we're gonna go halves on one..i hammered local shop down to £11 a bag on a 50 pallet of grey standard setaflex, retailing it to individual customers at £20 a bag, which is still cheaper than they can buy it retail, there's £450 to be made on a pallet :)
I double my money on a pallet of addy by passing it on to customers at £20pb, well just over double.
It works out well for me as all I use is TileMaster addys.

Sean Kelly

TF
Arms
Ruislip
download.jpg
Joiner forgot to tell customer then didn't own up to the omission.

I use call recorder on my phone. A bit naughty but i record all my calls on mobile (android). Saves me writing down addresses and dates etc. Caller does not know they are being recorded. if there was a dispute I'm sure it would not hold up in court but it could have frightened the joiner in owning up to his mistake.

I don't supply tiles anymore either, not because of this scenario, just because there's no profit in it like there used to be, customers seem to be able to walk into tile shops off the street and get 'trade' prices, gone are the day where we could make a few quid before we even got out of bed on a Monday morning.

Not all tile shops do this, we do our up most to make sure that Trade is Trade and retail dont get their prices.

F

Flintstone

Think I pay 15 for a bag of grey setaflex, I have a good relationship with my local supplier and can pay cash and get the vat knocked off anything so make some extra money like that some times. As for supplying tiles, often at least 20% off for trade price, then another 20% off if I pay cash so can be a good little earner.
With this job, it's a hard one, just take it as a learning curve and proceed with caution onto the bathroom.

T

Time's Ran Out

CTD do it the right way, give the customer a voucher & they get 20% off & you get 15% back as well.

Now I've dealt with CTD since the lads delivered my tiles from the back of a Ford Transit and before when they worked in a warehouse for a Leeds based firm!
The lads sold out to St Gobain a number of years ago and my loyalty has been tested on a couple of occasions before and after .
This voucher scheme is one of them !
Their sales staff are telling retail that their trade Tilers can give them 20% discount before we even get involved.
It's up to me to give a discount not the retail outlet.
So I let the customer have all my discount and just charge for fixing. The few pounds they save ( which can be hundreds) I get on more work through that happy customer. And turnover stays down, and no chasing materials money, and they have to carry them up the stairs to the room .

Reply to opinions..shafted or not? in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

P
Hiya I know this was 10 years ago hoping you still use the same email address and get this...
Replies
Views
Hi, I'm trying to assess what prep is needed on the walls for my kitchen backsplash. We'll be...
Replies
Views
Hi, i'm undertaking all of the tiling in our project. I have two different types of 600mm tiles...
Replies
Views
Morning guys and gals My grandma had this hanging in her kitchen for as long as I can remember...
Replies
Views
I've recently bought Johnson 'Orkney Stone' ceramic floor tiles from B&Q. Paid to have them...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB