Discuss Granite 300 x 600 x20 in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

Del W

TF
Arms
Canterbury
Going to look at a floor,only info over the phone so far.Lets say floor has only 1 or 2 mm variaton. 50sqm.Granite is 600 x 300 x20.Highly polished.To be laid brick bond.Only 2 cuts per line.To be stain stopped after grouting.Labour only.Tiles vary in depth,1 to 3 mm.Tiles are not bevelled or shamford so no 1 or 2 mm to play with.Working on my own.Will have to cut outside.Will have to mix outside.Twenty mins from home.Not done one of these for a while.

Can do day rate 120.00.

Your price per sqm ?
How many mtrs would you do a day ?
Or total for all,setting out,fixing,grouting,sealing.

Thanks.

S

Spud

the material will be slightly bent in some of the stones, most of the stone guys that regularly work with granite will confirm that so brick pattern willl be a challenge, at 20mm thick you will need at least a 3-4mm joint size as any tighter and the grout wont reach the bottom of the stone you will need to back skim every stone so the trowel marks dont show through when wet and solid bedding is recommended its going to be a ball breaker too as 20mm granite isnt light so I would be looking for £30-£35 m2

Del W

TF
Arms
Canterbury
At least £40 per m2 for that floor, includes all materials, labour, fuel etc. That would probably take me 6/7 days on my own. I'd say your day rate is too low for fitting high quality tiles like granite, consider the wear and tear on your wet saw and grinder.

Labour only.20mins from home.80 straight cuts max.

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to Granite 300 x 600 x20 in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi all I’m so glad to have stumbled upon this forum, which seems to be a treasure trove of...
Replies
Views
I would very much appreciate the advice of anyone who has fitted Marmox boards as I have decided...
Replies
Views
J
I would like some advice on how to best cut 300 x 600 tiles for a 760 wide wall when the desired...
Replies
Views
JohnnyO
J
T
Went to look at a tiling issue yesterday on my day off! Tiler (joiner/plumber/etc) did full...
2 3
Replies
Views
Jimfromchichester
J
R
First post on this forum and unfortunately its not under good circumstances. We have built...
Replies
Views
Reggiethethird
R

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Advertisement

TF Group Please Join

Del W

Arms
TF
Canterbury
Business Name
D W Tiling

Thread Information

Title
Granite 300 x 600 x20
Prefix
N/A
Forum
UK Tiling Forum
Start date
Last reply date
Replies

Thread Tags

Which tile adhesive brand did you use most this year?

• Palace

• Kerakoll

• Ardex

• Mapei

• Ultra Tile

• BAL

• Wedi

• Benfer

• Tilemaster

• Weber

• Other (any other brand not listed)

• Nicobond

• Norcros

Results are only viewable after voting.

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.