Discuss Grout between slabs in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

H

hammer

Hi - I have made a hearth for a woodburning stove from sandstone paving slabs. The gaps between the slabs are up to 25mm wide (vary in width as the slabs have a rough edge).
What should I use to fill the gaps
- grout
- cement or mortar with a coloured dye
- cement the gaps until a few mm below the top of the slabs, then grout on top?

Any other ideas would be appreciated. The slabs will get quite hot, although there is a heat guard under the stove, preventing the hearth getting above 100 C

Thanks

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to Grout between slabs in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

D
Hi Thanks to all who provided advice on my bathroom project 3 years ago, tiling both the...
Replies
Views
swanman
S
H
I have some lovely reclaimed terracotta tiles to lay in a porch (see pic). They are to go down...
Replies
Views
hopefultiler
H
C
Hi. I wonder if anyone can help. I've recently finished tiling our floor with large porcelain...
Replies
Views
White Room
W
D
Morning all, I need to prepare my kitchen floor so that it can take tumbled/chipped edge trav...
Replies
Views
I need to set a mosaic onto cement paving slabs for use in a garden, 1.7m circle with square off...
Replies
Views
user123
U

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Advertisement

TF Group Please Join

Thread Information

Title
Grout between slabs
Prefix
N/A
Forum
UK Tiling Forum
Start date
Last reply date
Replies

Which tile adhesive brand did you use most this year?

• Palace

• Kerakoll

• Ardex

• Mapei

• Ultra Tile

• BAL

• Wedi

• Benfer

• Tilemaster

• Weber

• Other (any other brand not listed)

• Nicobond

• Norcros

Results are only viewable after voting.

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.