Discuss grout open times in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

Although the meterage isn't huge splashbacks can be time consuming, if your using something like Mapei Ultra colour it can prove a nightmare if you don't get it off quick enough, add the quick setting to the amount of pigment and your in a world of trouble, if your unsure of timing then mix it in two halves, washing down the first before you do the second, if it's on different walls it would help to keep all of one mix on one section and the other mix on the rest, just in case there's a slight difference in colour due to mixing ratios.

F

faithhealer

Although the meterage isn't huge splashbacks can be time consuming, then mix it in two halves, washing down the first before you do the second, if it's on different walls it would help to keep all of one mix on one section and the other mix on the rest, just in case there's a slight difference in colour due to mixing ratios.
good pointers there Alan

Reply to grout open times in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Subscribe to Tilers Forums

There are similar tiling threads here

Hello all! I don't usually use forums so bear with me. I've tiled my downstairs toilet, I...
Replies
Views
I
Hello, Long story short however I'm looking to replace the original entrance floor in my house...
Replies
Views
Ian C
I
Hi All, I urgently need some advice and not sure where to turn. We are having some major...
Replies
Views
Rookery
R
Hi all Please advise needed if possible. How can i fix grout that has dried different shades. It...
2 3 4
Replies
Views
MW Smith Ceramics
M
F
Hi! There isn't any tiling forum in Finland and I found this one. Maybe someone could give me...
Replies
Views
S

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

Thread Information

Title
grout open times
Prefix
N/A
Forum
UK Tiling Forum
Start date
Last reply date
Replies

Which tile adhesive brand did you use most this year?

• Palace

• Kerakoll

• Ardex

• Mapei

• Ultra Tile

• BAL

• Wedi

• Benfer

• Tilemaster

• Weber

• Other (any other brand not listed)

• Nicobond

• Norcros

Results are only viewable after voting.

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks