Discuss GRR has news in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

Somerset
Dear GRR,

Congratulations, and I suggest you make the most of it - preparing for the new baby is the best bit.

Its your first, so you will probably be euphoric for a couple of days after the birth. Until you realise you have to get up at 2 am every night for The feed. Then there is the collick, the colds, the teething, the strops, and thats before they can speak. Of course once they can speak "I want one of those" will be their first words, probably followed by "are we there yet?" on the next car journey. And spending £700 before Christmas on the Argus catalogue toy section is not as expensive as school. There is the breakfast club, football/ballet/cookery club/computer club/hockey/chess/horse riding/scouts/majorettes/and of course - the Tae Kwondo club. Its not the cost of all these that is the problem - there is always some relation (mug) who will cough up a years subscription for one of them - its the time. Your time - if its Tuesday its ballet, Wednesday is after school club, Thursday is 10 pin bowling and Friday is Melanies sleepover. Then there is the teens. It really is like the Harry Enfield caracture. If its a boy, its neanderthal grunts (ever heard a conversation on the phone, where the only word said is "yeah" about 37 times?), everything left where it is dropped, the stained bedding, and the punched holes in the walls - girls are more screaming tantrums, boys, disgusting bedrooms, boys, the drinking, boys, and the "I hate you mummy". Oh and boys. It does not get cheaper. Do you realise it costs over £1500 to insure a boy to drive a car, and about £900 if its a girl. Thats after you have bought the car. Filled it with petrol. Paid for their driving lessons. Had all the little dents knocked out. And worried at 4 am in the morning at why your son/daughter could have got to (in their car). You will be the mother too - that means you will never rest until they are home safe. Then there is the fateful phone call - you will get it one night. Probably right after you and Mr GRR has had a fabulous romantic night out at a nice restaurant and drunk rather a lot of wine (and caught a taxi home of course). "Is that Mrs GRR? Could you come and collect your son/daughter/disowned child. They are unconcious on the toilet floor of the Football Club. Should we get an ambulance do you think?" No just make them puke it all up, and preferably not in my bahroom......"

Oh yes it is an 18 year sentence. Parenthood. Enjoy.

I must go now. My glass is half empty, and I need to fill it.

D

Deleted member 9966

that's class Andy thanks :lol: sounds about right and very similar to what I put my parents through :grin:

I do have a little confession though. I do know all about getting up for the 3 hourly feeds, dirty nappies, puke and so on because my sister lived at home when she had her first daughter and I was 17 at the time. so I became quite adept with changing nappies, feeding and burping and I even had a baby seat in my car to take my niece out with me. she'll be 14 in a couple of months :yikes: time really does fly. here she is and don't mention that she looks like me. she knows :oops:

Somerset
Lol - I am a grandad now.

Thats the best bit. They bring little Billy over (he's just 6 months old). Kept them up all night, no sleep. Gonna die. Cant face work. Of course Little Billy beds down at 7 for us, and does not wake again til 7 the next morning - hee hee hee. My wife says its becos we have a quieter house. I just think we dont get stressed every time he starts crying, and know when to ignore him and when to feed him!

Reply to GRR has news in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Subscribe to Tilers Forums

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi everybody, I've come up with a new way that I'd like the forum to work. I've built a quick...
Replies
Views
Been advised to move this post to the uk forum, didn’t realise it was in the USA forum Would...
Replies
Views
Join The Tile Association and Get Noticed Some time ago joining The Tile Association may have...
Replies
Views
I'm searching for 42 pieces of 12" x 12" Verde Alpi marble tiles. Preferably honed. 12" x 24"...
Replies
Views
Hi everyone, Our tiler has done a really amazing job with our kitchen flooring, but has used a...
Replies
Views

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Advertisement

Thread Information

Title
GRR has news
Prefix
N/A
Forum
UK Tiling Forum
Start date
Last reply date
Replies

Thread Tags

Which tile adhesive brand did you use most this year?

• Palace

• Kerakoll

• Ardex

• Mapei

• Ultra Tile

• BAL

• Wedi

• Benfer

• Tilemaster

• Weber

• Other (any other brand not listed)

• Nicobond

• Norcros

Results are only viewable after voting.

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.