UK Tiling Forum for UK Tile Advice

Comply with UK Tiling Standards and Research Tiling on your UK Tiling Forum. The tiling community that provides free wall and floor tile fixing advice to the United Kingdom.

Discuss Gutted,,, in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

M

mikebidd

Last night i was laid in bed and the dog started barking like mad and snarling next too the front door. So i got up opened my bedroom window and there was 2 blokes trying to steal my 5 year olds (yes 5) push bike and my 11 year old bmx. So i shouted out the window "0 you little b*$**s" then tried running down stairs trying too put soe boxers on at the same time. I STOPPED the dog getting out as she would hurt someone and gave it legs they dropped the bikes and ran.

Anyway took a while too get too sleep but anaged too then when having breakfast y neghbour came round too say my gargae door was open, Went round and it was ragged open No sign off the padlocks etc, All My tools Gone My tiling tools my mechanicing tools and my father in laws carpentry tools. ALL gone. Every way i make money gone.

Just down the road from me theres 3 herione addicts 2 sons and the dad, Im sure its them but police have meant to be turning up for last 3 hour. I mentioned to the police officer on the phone that i had stopped dog going after them. .... there reply......."if your dog had off injured the person it would be getting destroyed and you would have faced charges" are they taking the p.

The wife will be dealing with the police as at the best off times i have no time for them, There oright sending 5 different sets off coppers round for me on xmas eve over a speeding fine as THEY had forgoten to take it off system. the heroine addicts have them round nearly everyday removing laptops and things BUT they dont lock them up

Im really upset at moment as everytime i seem to be getting some where somthing happens.

D

david campbell

little scumbags,typical coppers with there red-tape,if it was up to mei would make sure i was certain it was them and dish out retribution to the cost of the theft............gggrrrrr........it makes me totally seething with anger when people steal a mans bread and butter(tools).can you claim any insurance for the tools? i know it doesn't helpshort term but may get you back up and running!

nybor62

TF
rotherham
thats shocking mike, , hope you get your tools back, you can bet it was them who stole ya tools, police are useless, i got robbed about 2 yrs ago , i found out who had done through some pals of mine , i told the police , what proof do you have , they had been talking about it in the local druggy pub, that aint enough for us to act , forget it ill sought it out myself, there advise was dont do any thing stupid or you will end up in trouble your self, yeah right what ever ,

M

mikebidd

Still waiting on police to turn up. O alls i have to find is one socket just one in there possesion. Who ever has done it has lived in walking distance or had a van but iv had heard a van. Whic makes me think its them plus when i went breying on there door this mornig they were too quick to try and grass some one else up.

Still in shock honustly feel like crying, £500 for a new garage door as this one is nackered i cant even get that done yet as the police have said dont touch anything..

D

Deleted member 9966

we'd been away in June, and 10 minutes after we got back, a local copper pulled up as we were unpacking the car and proceeded to tell us that a house 5 doors up had had their garage broken into and had their push bikes stolen.

Even before the policeman turned up I knew somebody had been in our back garden cos the patio table had been pushed over from in front of the french doors, and the little gate down the side was broken because somebody had climbed on it.

thankfully we have a full alarm system, although I have made hubby buy an additional pir sensor to put in the garage just in case. we even set our house alarm at night so the entire downstairs is alarmed. the alarm system was the best £200 we ever spent.

M

mikebidd

Iv chilled out a little bit now although its still stinging abit. Going to buy one off thos "secure a post" things and alarm Its wierd how you dont do these things until its too late. The police turned up and said they were sending out a fingerprint person But they cant get prints of anything in garage as It has too be shiny???

So said they would get them off door even to its been raining since iv been waiting for them. Its not the point that my tools have gone its the point that some one has thought its OK to go in my garage and take my and my father in laws things. if that makes any sense??

Iv a mate with a scrap yard who has 3 big rotties hes offered too lend them too me to put in the garage but cant see them coming back im convinced it was the smack heads across road,

I did how ever get an ace picture off my little lad stood in front off police car in his police outfit :thumbsup:

M

mikebidd

Mate its a nice area (believe it or not lol) The heroine addicts granfather owns the house he bought it to knick down to give him access to a £3million bit off land too build houses etc on.

Im glad i didnt let dog out as id rather all my tools cars etc get nicked then loose my puppy lol

They will slip up as i know most off the wrong uns round here and somthing will come up next week or next year, .... I hope

R

Rob Z

Mike, we just lost some tools from one of the trucks, which was parked right in front of the job and within sight and in the middle of the day. :mad2:

$1000 dollars later, and I now have three steel gang boxes in which we put almost all the tools.

And they got about $500 worth of tools, which I have now replaced. Somehow, these morons didn't steal the Fein which was sitting right next to the stuff they stole. I'm sure they didn't know what it was or they would have gotten it too.

The thing that really chaps my ... is that the circular saw they stole was an old-school Milwaukee brand, which was made in the US back when I bought it. Now the same model is made in China and I'm not interested in it any more.

Those crack heads probably sold those tools for just enough money to by two 40's and two rocks. :incazzato:

Reply to Gutted,,, in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

I've recently bought Johnson 'Orkney Stone' ceramic floor tiles from B&Q. Paid to have them...
Replies
Views
P
Hiya I know this was 10 years ago hoping you still use the same email address and get this...
Replies
Views
Hi I have a wetroom tray on timber floor. We have an impey shower tray and tanking membrane...
Replies
Views
I started removing the tiles in my bathroom today and the majority of the plaster has come off...
Replies
Views
Tikkaaa
T
Hi, My tiler has just left and apart from him chatting to me about his life story for majority...
Replies
Views

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.