Discuss Had to walk away from this one in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

C

CJ CERAMICS

Long story cut short.
telephone call: "i want my conservatory tiling"
"ok when is the best time to call to measure up and qoute"
"its 14m2 how much"
"sorry but i need to see the job first, prep substrate condition tiles etc"
"its 14m2 and perfectly flat how much"
"sorry but i need to view it"
"right well im in until 2 so it will have to be before then"
"no probs i will see you at 1".

arrived and no one in :mad2::mad2: was hopping(literally:lol::lol:)mad and was about to go when i heard a noise in back garden so i went to the gate. builder there building conservatory walls ready for conservatory company to fit the glass.:yikes: measured up and checked levels floor was flatish but area measured 16m2. Asked builder if he knew how long floor had been down "aye" he said " i put it down last week".

phoned customer with price and told him that the area was 16m2 and not 14m2.....then explained to him about the curing time of the substrate and that it should not be tiled until at least 4 weeks after the windows and roof had been fitted or imo the job would fail.........."Rubbish" he said "you either do it next week or I will get some-one else to do it"..........at which point i put the phone down.

chris

Reply to Had to walk away from this one in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Subscribe to Tilers Forums

There are similar tiling threads here

I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
I'm having my kitchen renovated and the tiler came last week and did the floor tiles. They're...
Replies
Views
O
    • Informative
    • Winner
so I'm currently undertaking a project at the moment with 1800 x 800 x 10mm Florim porcelain...
Replies
Views
Italy
I
D
US Astronaut Neil Armstrong Dies Aged 82 His family said they were "heartbroken" by his death...
Replies
Views
bugs183
B
D
i cant believe the way they treat peeps, got a call last week from one with dimensions we gave...
Replies
Views

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Advertisement

Thread Information

Title
Had to walk away from this one
Prefix
N/A
Forum
UK Tiling Forum
Start date
Last reply date
Replies

Thread Tags

Which tile adhesive brand did you use most this year?

• Palace

• Kerakoll

• Ardex

• Mapei

• Ultra Tile

• BAL

• Wedi

• Benfer

• Tilemaster

• Weber

• Other (any other brand not listed)

• Nicobond

• Norcros

Results are only viewable after voting.

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.