Discuss Had to walk away from this one in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

C

CJ CERAMICS

You made the right decisions Chris. This customer sounds like a proper nightmare, I wonder how easily you would have been paid once you had finished the job.

I reckon I would have not even bothered pricing it, if I had turned up and found that the customer, windows and roof were missing.

if things had been different financially then i would have knocked it back on the phonecall alone but if im honest business is not great at the mo so have to try and get the jobs....but i still wont do it incorrectly, 1. for my reputation 2. it would cost more to fix that i would earn.

i thought about a decoupler but i would have to bed it with adhesive? which would then have the moisture stolen by the floor wouldn't it?
this would then leave it all to move. please correct me if im wrong.
chris

The De-coupling membrane can be used as soon as the screed is dry enough to walk on. You did the right thing anyway mate, the bloke sounds a right mare!! :thumbsup:

Reply to Had to walk away from this one in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Subscribe to Tilers Forums

There are similar tiling threads here

I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
I'm having my kitchen renovated and the tiler came last week and did the floor tiles. They're...
Replies
Views
O
    • Informative
    • Winner
so I'm currently undertaking a project at the moment with 1800 x 800 x 10mm Florim porcelain...
Replies
Views
Italy
I
D
US Astronaut Neil Armstrong Dies Aged 82 His family said they were "heartbroken" by his death...
Replies
Views
bugs183
B
D
i cant believe the way they treat peeps, got a call last week from one with dimensions we gave...
Replies
Views

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Advertisement

Thread Information

Title
Had to walk away from this one
Prefix
N/A
Forum
UK Tiling Forum
Start date
Last reply date
Replies

Thread Tags

Which tile adhesive brand did you use most this year?

• Palace

• Kerakoll

• Ardex

• Mapei

• Ultra Tile

• BAL

• Wedi

• Benfer

• Tilemaster

• Weber

• Other (any other brand not listed)

• Nicobond

• Norcros

Results are only viewable after voting.

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.