Discuss Handmade tiles not flat in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com.

Sean Kelly

TF
Arms
Ruislip
I tiled with some 'Fired Earth' handmade tiles a while back. Impossible to lay flat. Impossible to have a uniform grout line in-between them. Different thickness's too. That is their 'charm'. However, saying that, what was the wall like before yr tiler tiled. i.e. was it lovely and flat? also, if you laid some tiles out on a table and ran your hand over them were they flat?

T

Time's Ran Out

Advice needed please. Beautiful handmade tiles, brick shape behind stove for large splashback. It has just been put in, and it is not flat. It looks characterful, but what a shame. Should i ask for a retile?

Without a photo it's impossible to advise!
But it's 'characterful' and often that's the look you are paying for.
Hand made is another way of expressing individual and not a uniform shape, so no need for a retile just enjoy!
Merry Christmas from team timeless.

E

Edd789

I tiled with some 'Fired Earth' handmade tiles a while back. Impossible to lay flat. Impossible to have a uniform grout line in-between them. Different thickness's too. That is their 'charm'. However, saying that, what was the wall like before yr tiler tiled. i.e. was it lovely and flat? also, if you laid some tiles out on a table and ran your hand over them were they flat?

Me and the guys I worked with laid some Fired Earth brick tiles the other week. They ranged from around 8mm thick up to 20mm. They were bent and impossible to get flat.

Customer loved them though.

Q

Qwerty

A couple of pics of a kitchen I tiled recently using the Cotswold Handmade tiles....
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1388186206.140866.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1388186216.797018.jpg

M

Mr Tiler

A couple of pics of a kitchen I tiled recently using the Cotswold Handmade tiles....
View attachment 56174
View attachment 56175

thank you Geoff! deffinately not my thing. will always know to advise that these tiles don't come out perfect mind you if someone is wanting these tiles they are most likely to know the outcome. how did you space these Geoff? cheers

Reply to Handmade tiles not flat in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi, first time posting. I’m in the middle of tiling my own bathroom, first time having a go at...
Replies
Views
Hi all, I'm looking to tile the entirety of our small patio area with either brick slips or...
Replies
Views
Hi all , it’s been years since last posted for advice and your methods . My question is this ...
Replies
Views
I've recently bought Johnson 'Orkney Stone' ceramic floor tiles from B&Q. Paid to have them...
Replies
Views
Hi, Looking for advice mainly on how much adhesive I should remove from between the tiles in a...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB