UK Tiling Forum for UK Tile Advice

Comply with UK Tiling Standards and Research Tiling on your UK Tiling Forum. The tiling community that provides free wall and floor tile fixing advice to the United Kingdom.

Discuss Hands up if you hate using black grout in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

G

grumpygrouter

You can stop laughing lads......:huh2:...

You do actually add GT1 to micro colour grout for timber floors and ufh etc........now if it was micro-flex then fair enough....

Micro colour is suitable for porcelain but needs GT1 for other applications.......

So in fact Oli did right...just must have over done the GT1 bit...:thumbsup:
I think the problem he had Dave was that he didn't premix the GT1 with water. he added it neat to the grout and then "topped up" with water. I think that was the mistake he was referring to.:grin:

C

cornish_crofter

Customer I've got at the moment was talking about black grout for his floor.

CTD showed me their standard wide joint grout, available in several colours. I suspect that the customer will want black.

I've used all sorts of different colours, grey and brown. Why is black so hated??

What prep should I consider over and above that for other grouts? It's a cement screed floor with pipes running under it.

G

grumpygrouter

Customer I've got at the moment was talking about black grout for his floor.

CTD showed me their standard wide joint grout, available in several colours. I suspect that the customer will want black.

I've used all sorts of different colours, grey and brown. Why is black so hated??

What prep should I consider over and above that for other grouts? It's a cement screed floor with pipes running under it.
None Cornish, maybe protect any painted surface but that is the same for any grout really. I had absolutely no problem with mine, I even use my old float still, though it is a bit knackered now.

Just don't use the same stuff for white grout afterwards!

O

Olz

So you tried to modify a modified grout:huh2::lol::lol:

Kev

Microcolour Kev, not microflex, onto a timber floor

You do actually add GT1 to micro colour grout for timber floors and ufh etc........now if it was micro-flex then fair enough....

Micro colour is suitable for porcelain but needs GT1 for other applications.......

Cheers Dave :grin:

I think the problem he had Dave was that he didn't premix the GT1 with water. he added it neat to the grout and then "topped up" with water. I think that was the mistake he was referring to.:grin:

Spot on grumps :thumbsup:

I know russ........i was just pointing out to the P takers that micro colour can be modified.....:grin:

:thumbsup:

D

doug boardley

:grin:

Sir Sir!! I was sniggering at TL, would you like an apple or an orange tomorrow sir

R

Rab78

Hugo.....steer well clear of the BAL black grout.....lots of probs with shading on that grout...and that is straight from a bal employee.....

Try the Mapei one...

Is dunlop and Bal not the same manufacturers, if so ive seen nothing bad with dunlops charcoal flexi G...

Got a fireplace to grout with that 2moro :( MASK OFF EVERYTHING, BLACK GROUT ALERT!!!
:p

fp.jpg

NOT masked it yet, cut plastic sheeting and blue masking tape should be ok., especially theire coving. Although im sure they might repaint...can't depend on a repaint tho, prb ask me to do it lol.

I wonder If i use ordinary black silicone around the frame of the fire and joins, will it not melt with the heat..?

Last edited by a moderator:
C

cornish_crofter

If you have a light color on the walls it can be harder to get the wall grout off the floor grout :pete

The customer has chosen black tiles for the floor, which he has expressed a preference to use black grout with.

The walls are to be grouted white. I'm intending to do the floor first. This will enable me to tile the walls after the impending black grout nightmare that I am expecting.

Reply to Hands up if you hate using black grout in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi all , it’s been years since last posted for advice and your methods . My question is this ...
Replies
Views
Been advised to move this post to the uk forum, didn’t realise it was in the USA forum Would...
Replies
Views
Hi there. Wondering if anyone can help? We had a path laid using reclaimed quarry tiles on top...
Replies
Views
After annoying the guys in my local CTD for about an hour looking at samples and agonising on...
Replies
Views
Hi, Just wondering what the general consensus is with grout for a shower. I have epoxy grouted...
Replies
Views

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.