UK Tiling Forum for UK Tile Advice

Comply with UK Tiling Standards and Research Tiling on your UK Tiling Forum. The tiling community that provides free wall and floor tile fixing advice to the United Kingdom.

Discuss Has this been done correctly? in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

U

Unregistered

I had some tiling done in my bathroom a few weeks ago. There is a section below my shower that i am not entirely happy about, and i've posted the pictures below to see if my concerms are justified.
There are 2 sections - 17 inches apart - that vary in quality of workmanship.
first part -

dsc1584um4.jpg

doesn't look too bad, does it? I'm happy with this bit.
second part -

dsc1585am0.jpg

Pretty shabby? Compared to the top image?
I'm trying to ignore it, but it jumps out at me every time I walk in the room.
can anyone confirm my fears this this will need done again?

U

Unregistered

What's that, silicone? Why has he used silicone there? Sloppy.
It isn't silicon, it's grout. Lots of grout.
As mentioned, he seems to have forgotten to compensate for a bit of wood that was to be added later in the construction of the shower base. Why, when he noticed this mess, he never did anything about it, I'll never know.
As he's a friend/work colleague, i'm now in the awkwrd situation of having to tell him I want it rectified. He's done the rest of the bathroom reasonably well, but this bit is just bugging the hell out of me.

Reply to Has this been done correctly? in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Greetings All, appreciate the expertise existing in this forum. I am a home remodeler, not a...
Replies
Views
R
First post on this forum and unfortunately its not under good circumstances. We have built...
Replies
Views
Reggiethethird
R
I've committed to my first 450 herringbone job - will be 3 walls of a shower enclosure with...
2 3 4
Replies
Views
Weston
W
T
Hi, Looking for advice please. 2 problems! We have just had encaustic tiles laid in our...
Replies
Views
Qwerty
Q
The growing popularity of “Thin Porcelain Tile” Now that industry professionals have coined a...
Replies
Views
Rizzle from the Portizzle
R

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.