UK Tiling Forum for UK Tile Advice

Comply with UK Tiling Standards and Research Tiling on your UK Tiling Forum. The tiling community that provides free wall and floor tile fixing advice to the United Kingdom.

Discuss Has this been done correctly? in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

U

Unregistered

having magnified the top image, it looks as though your tiler didn't really have much choice; ie the supporting stud work for your shower tray is not quite square:oops:

That's the thing, the stud work was perfectly square - just as square as the section of tiling i'm happy with. I think the camera angle and focus makes it difficult to see properly. Even if it was a mm or so out, surely a tiler could work round that?

the problem is easily solved,just tile again over the top of the existing albeit up to the tray.

That's easily done? Looks like that may be the only option. Tearing it all out would be a disaster. Or would it?

S

ssharpe

i see this thing all the time.that job looks not too bad ,seen alot worse.its usually down to the bulkhead or raised platform not being square(as said before). joiners get away with murder and the finishing jobs get pulled all the time.also might have been grouted before the adhisives set knocking the corner piece in slightly.alot of these small things crop up after the jobs been dusted down and examined closely after the tilers left.

O

Olz

You can see in the last picture that the trim on the right, doesnt follow the line of the tile, the grout joing widens from the wall to the corner, as a result the corned peice of the trim wouldn't meet up if it had been put on square so the tiler has put it on at an angle, its hard to tell from the pictures but i would suggest that this is because the frame isnt square, the face tiles run out, so the trim runs out, making the angle wider that 45 degrees on the corner.

C

Colour Republic

Hello Guy ('n' gals ;))

My first post here so go easy on me, i'm not a tiler but a humble multi trader!

Anyway... I suppose you've got to ask some questions before you get this tiler back, you say it's a friend/work colleague that's done the work for you.

Did you pay him a going rate or did he give you very favourable mate’s rates? The tile in question (as many have said here) is by no means the worst anybody’s seen but still is very noticeable, but if the guys done it for next to nothing he may feel a little put out by having to come back. That said something has to be done about it or every time you walk in to that bathroom it is going to get on your wick!

Personally I wouldn't tile over the top of it as your lose that very clean line where it meets the shower tray.

You have quite a few options but the cheapest would be as follows

I'm not sure why you've done it or even if you've asked for it to be done, but white grout has been used on the shower up stand and grey for the rest of the floor. You could always remove the white grout and replace it for grey. Of course this won't make the gap any smaller but it would make it a lot less noticeable.

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to Has this been done correctly? in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Greetings All, appreciate the expertise existing in this forum. I am a home remodeler, not a...
Replies
Views
R
First post on this forum and unfortunately its not under good circumstances. We have built...
Replies
Views
Reggiethethird
R
I've committed to my first 450 herringbone job - will be 3 walls of a shower enclosure with...
2 3 4
Replies
Views
Weston
W
T
Hi, Looking for advice please. 2 problems! We have just had encaustic tiles laid in our...
Replies
Views
Qwerty
Q
The growing popularity of “Thin Porcelain Tile” Now that industry professionals have coined a...
Replies
Views
Rizzle from the Portizzle
R

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.