Discuss Have i been had over????? in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

S

silverbullit

Hi Dave.

Thanks for the update, i do have trading standards on my list of people to contact about this but at the moment i am getting as much info as i can so when i do make a move to sort this out i will be well advised and well armed beforehand. I think that you are quite right about the trims , we did decide to just have him cut the tiles with a mitered joint to avoid the plastic trims situation but he said it could not be done.... and after seeing the kid learning to cut tiles with our expensive travertine , it would have been a much worse disaster than the minor one i am dealing with now.

I would like to say that the wall that was stripped of ceramic tiles was just scraped back to the bare cement rendering , as far as i am aware there was no stabilising materials used on the cement prior to tile adhesive, as i am no expert tiler i am now not sure if what he did was correct or not.

I only found this little tit-bit out about the manufacturer of the trims but they dont make cove trims or corner trims so the plastic trim he carried on the van would have been more acceptable if he made the effort to locate the manufacturers who do make the cove and corner trims to match what he has done.... but as i have found out, this additional set of bits will cost me almost £100.00, then i have to butcher the anchor off the back of the cove as its designed to laid in with a tile to trap it in place , as he has laid the tiles without the trim... i have to adapt the back of the trims and bond them in with silicone.

This job could have been fantastic if only he never underestimated how long it would take to do and if he used all of the correct trims.... or better yet , just cut the tiles correctly himself as trims would not be needed at all.

Silverbullit

Reply to Have i been had over????? in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Hi. Hoping you al. Can help me. I have an issue where I had a bathroom built and a shower...
Replies
Views
First time poster here. For some context, I have a (mostly finished) tiny home with some really...
Replies
Views
Hi, i'm undertaking all of the tiling in our project. I have two different types of 600mm tiles...
Replies
Views
My tiler has made a huge mistake (which he excuses as being unlucky with measurements). There is...
Replies
Views

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

TF Group Please Join

Thread Information

Title
Have i been had over?????
Prefix
N/A
Forum
UK Tiling Forum
Start date
Last reply date
Replies

Which tile adhesive brand did you use most this year?

• Palace

• Kerakoll

• Ardex

• Mapei

• Ultra Tile

• BAL

• Wedi

• Benfer

• Tilemaster

• Weber

• Other (any other brand not listed)

• Nicobond

• Norcros

Results are only viewable after voting.

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.