UK Tiling Forum for UK Tile Advice

Comply with UK Tiling Standards and Research Tiling on your UK Tiling Forum. The tiling community that provides free wall and floor tile fixing advice to the United Kingdom.

Discuss Have I started this right? in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

S

Spiralsmile

Right im Converting room to bathroom. On 50mmx50mm batons for the walls Ive installed Moisture resistant plasterboard with 50mm celotex equivilent and skimmed where there is no tiling. Hardiebacker 500 installed over plastic sheeting and 50mm celotex equivalent (ie more economical!) where I will be tiling. The shower is fully tiled floor to ceiling and is in the haribacker "zone". The floor is 18mm wbp with 6mm hardiebacker to be installed over it with a Bed of topps trade slow set flexible.

Now I'm looking to know if that all sounds reasonable?

I have waxman Bally mosaics 6.5m2 for the floor and have more of the topps trade for them. I have bal micro max to grout them.

The shower is a 800x1000 tray from the bathstore. Do I need to bed it in adhesive?

For the walls I have the usual metro tiles 6.5m2 also. With bal grip wall adhesive (pre mix) and the micromax grout again.

Do I need to tank haribacker in the shower? What's the best detail at bottom?

I've done some tiling before but with materials other people have bought! I'm keen to get it right so any help /thoughts would be great.

This post is my first and a bit of a sanity check before I go much further. Receipts are still in hand! And topps tiles just around corner!! Thanks

I will keep posting updates as I progress with this project. Current photos to follow!

S

Spiralsmile

I realise my first post is quite rambling as I was trying to get as much info out as possible! Here is the photos if they work!

2ed4da8b.jpg

f2b01a99.jpg

431661d7.jpg

6065f111.jpg

AliGage

TF
Arms
Subscribed
Just visiting the forum whilst getting ready for work. Haven't got time to answer anything in detail but....ditch the BAL grip.

I'm a great lover of BAL, i always use it where i can. I don't like using tubbed adhesive anyway, but in my opinion the BAL grip is absoluet garbage. You would proberbly get on better using the toppfix slowset flexible on the walls. Yes you have to mix it up yourself, but it's 100x easier to use than BAL grip.

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to Have I started this right? in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Help! Advice needed please! I am in the middle of a bathroom renovation that my partner is...
Replies
Views
Hello friends. I am looking for a bit of advice, you would be so kind. I have been a long...
Replies
Views
Hiya all, I'm a DIY gal on first bathroom. Wondered if you could check out my plans and let me...
Replies
Views
Hi all, Just about to get going on bathroom reno and would very much appreciate if you could...
Replies
Views
Please see rough sketch. My ensuite is 2x2 m with the door opening into the left into the room...
Replies
Views

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.