Guest viewing is limited

Discuss having trouble using new sigma in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

J

jay

set tile in position move breaker to top of tile let rest on tile there should be a 3mm gap between top of breaker guide slot above guide rail then move breaker to base of tile and repeat when breaking score place breaker 2cm in from bottom of tile edge apply pressure gently sometimes its easier to press down with hand on large side of tile and just use breaker as holder hope you understand this hard to explain

P

Peter

Sounds more like technique rather than anything else. General rules are, keep the large side of the cut to the left hand side, make sure you scribe right from the very top top, and with enough practise you'll know whether the tile is scribed right by the sound it makes. Breaking is more effective if you do so 10-25mm from the base (dependant on tile) and if a firm, gradual pressing action is put on the handle, rather than karate chopping it.

W

White Room

set tile in position move breaker to top of tile let rest on tile there should be a 3mm gap between top of breaker guide slot above guide rail then move breaker to base of tile and repeat when breaking score place breaker 2cm in from bottom of tile edge apply pressure gently sometimes its easier to press down with hand on large side of tile and just use breaker as holder hope you understand this hard to explain

Glad you asked, I'm getting the same problem.

If it persists I'll be getting a montolit

S

SPQR Tiling

I am now trying to sell it.

ive been practing with it and still cant get use to it, im scared everytime i have to use it. sometimes it works sometimes it doesnt, i know its not the cutter but i feel that its just not the best tool for me.

Im going to go with a bigger model of what i have and whats familar with me: Ishii 660mm pro tradesman

Last edited by a moderator:

Reply to having trouble using new sigma in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Subscribe to Tilers Forums

There are similar tiling threads here

Hello, I hope you can help. I'm get despondent cutting 9mm glazed porcelain tiles, 300 x 900mm...
Replies
Views
Hi, New to the forum. I'm going to be installing a new corner, shower unit with tiled walls...
Replies
Views
Hello! I am new here but I have been reading a lot about manual tile cutters on the forum. I am...
Replies
Views
L
T
Hi guys. A few years ago i bought cheap tile cutter from local store. Now i found out that it...
Replies
Views
O
    • Winner
So this is it, the very latest large format cutter out there, released just a few weeks ago by...
Replies
Views

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Advertisement

Thread Information

Title
having trouble using new sigma
Prefix
N/A
Forum
UK Tiling Forum
Start date
Last reply date
Replies

Which tile adhesive brand did you use most this year?

• Palace

• Kerakoll

• Ardex

• Mapei

• Ultra Tile

• BAL

• Wedi

• Benfer

• Tilemaster

• Weber

• Other (any other brand not listed)

• Nicobond

• Norcros

Results are only viewable after voting.

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.