Discuss Height issue - plastic ply the answer? in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

T

TMTservices

Job coming up with ufh matting. Sub is 6" t&g floor boards. Originally I was planning to nogging iy all up and relay boards. overboard with 6mm hardi, with slc and 12mm granite to top off.

This would obviously cause quite a step and was wondering what peoples thoughts on this plastic ply are? I can only find old posts? Has anyone ever had problems with it? Is it suitable for job in hand ie. ufh and slc?

Ive never had any experience with it and am a little sceptical but can see TTA acknowledge it, Trade tiler is stocking it now and there arent any obvious horror stories I can find,

Im hoping your all going to say it will be suitable but we'll see?

Thanks.

T

TMTservices

The beers confusing me now! lol! So I get it that this PP will reduce the height of floor by, my estimation, 5-7mm? as opposed to cement board approach.
give
Also, I know its suitable for ufh, it should be suitable for latex based slc right?

Would be interested if anyones used it.

They are reasonable costly tiles but its only a small area so Im not sure wether to have a word with customer and see if I can give it a whirl. Obviously footing the bill if all goes belly up. I get excited like a little kid when I get new things to try! lol!

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to Height issue - plastic ply the answer? in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

I'm having my kitchen renovated and the tiler came last week and did the floor tiles. They're...
Replies
Views
Hi I am after some advice and opinion if the quality of our recently installed tiles is of an...
Replies
Views
Hi everyone, I'm getting towards the end of a major renovation that has taken 4+ years so don't...
Replies
Views
Just been speaking with a chap that installs Flexel ecofilm UFH. I rang him because my customer...
Replies
Views
D
got a wetroom to start on monday and the former is flush with the new chipboard floor. Got 6mm...
Replies
Views
Old Mod
O

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Advertisement

TF Group Please Join

Thread Information

Title
Height issue - plastic ply the answer?
Prefix
N/A
Forum
UK Tiling Forum
Start date
Last reply date
Replies

Which tile adhesive brand did you use most this year?

• Palace

• Kerakoll

• Ardex

• Mapei

• Ultra Tile

• BAL

• Wedi

• Benfer

• Tilemaster

• Weber

• Other (any other brand not listed)

• Nicobond

• Norcros

Results are only viewable after voting.

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.