UK Tiling Forum for UK Tile Advice

Comply with UK Tiling Standards and Research Tiling on your UK Tiling Forum. The tiling community that provides free wall and floor tile fixing advice to the United Kingdom.

Discuss Hello- Advise required in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

T

theleeboy

Hello all

I'm looking to do a tiling course with a view to maybe setting up on my own over time.

Who do you think offers the best course with this in mind? How important is an NVQ?

What level of income can a tiler expect to make?

I'd like to hear from anyone who has done the career change thing and never looked back. I'm a little nervous about it as I've got a family to provide for.

Appreciate any replies.

Lee

W

wivers

Hello Lee mate. If you look in the tiling courses thread i think Dan started a poll on which ones we thought were best. NVQ is great to have but not essential at the moment for domestic tiling, but i think Concept has a thread on this somewhere. Income is always varied depending on how good you are, how quick you are, where you live etc but £400 a week shouldn't be too hard to grab once your established and then its up up and away from there mate. As for career change i think there's a few of us on here that have made the leap. Look to maybe tile on the side whilst doing something thats earning u a regular income first so that you don't stress out right at the beginng about wether or not your bills are gonna get paid or not, i know what thats like mate and can say its the pits especially when u have kids and a mrs all depending on ya. Not trying to worry you just try easing yourself in at first. :)

G

Greedo

Good advice from the two boys above. I made the leap and it's going well. I would say though you need to be confident in selling yourself to customers, other trade guys, tile shops etc to get the work. You can't just put an add in the yellow pages, local papers etc... and hope for the phone to ring.

It's a sad fact that if you can't sell yourself well you'll get zero business. If you're up for a bit of marketing, good with your hands diy wise etc, I'd go for it. Just stay away from Glasgow though!!!!!!!! That's my patch!!! :)

C

Concept PHT

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to Hello- Advise required in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hello, first post, asking about career change and possible entry route into the industry. I know...
Replies
Views
Hi guys, new to the forum and after some advice if possible. Without boring you with my life...
Replies
Views
Hi. I'm relatively new to tiling, and have begun offering it as a service alongside my existing...
Replies
Views
E
Hello all! I am new to this forum and thought I'd give some insight into who I am. I currently...
2 3
Replies
Views
ExplodingPudding
E
R
hi all, currently looking to get my break into the tiling trade. Am currently a cab driver and...
Replies
Views
White Room
W

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.