Discuss Hello all!!! In need of clarification. in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

D

Dan2779

Hello all out there.
Have joined today to get some feedback on a job I have done for a builder and insurance company.
Here we go, I have fitted a 600 x 400 travertine floor, the tiles have been fitted brick/half bond in a kitchen dinner and utility room. The problem I am having is that the client is shinning a outdoor security light across the floor and interpriting the shaddows on all the grout joints as lips. The shaddows appear in all directions the light is directed in, however, when the sun is shinning over the floor via a huge window and doors throughout the afternoon, there is nothing, when the spot lights are on in the evening, there is nothing.

There are no visible lips on the floor, but I am being refused payment as the client apparently isn't happy.

Is it just me or is this not a fair way to evaluate the tiling I have done.

Many thanks

Dan

S

Stef

Done a kitchen splash back last week, as soon as the under unit lights went on there were 3 tiles i wasnt happy with, the lights fling a shadow & they look terrible, i checked the tiles with my small bead (level) & they werent even 1mm out.
I told the customer i will be back to sort them as i am not happy.

think your customer is being unrealistic with the light shining in as it will show up even the slightest of marks.
best of luck, hope you get this sorted.

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to Hello all!!! In need of clarification. in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi all In a kind of 'Payment' for all the advice i have got from here i have decided to do a...
Replies
Views
J
Hello All, I am Paul from Manchester and I have just started out in the tiling business. In the...
Replies
Views
White Room
W
S
Hi, my name is Steve I've been tiling for 20+ years, mostly ceramics, 10 years ago i did a pro...
Replies
Views
L
Hello Everyone, My name is Liam I am 25 years old and live in Oxford. I am currently a plumbing...
Replies
Views
I
T
hello to all, i am new to tiling so looking for hints and tips, first job is gonna be tiling my...
Replies
Views
White Room
W

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Advertisement

TF Group Please Join

Thread Information

Title
Hello all!!! In need of clarification.
Prefix
N/A
Forum
UK Tiling Forum
Start date
Last reply date
Replies

Thread Tags

Which tile adhesive brand did you use most this year?

• Palace

• Kerakoll

• Ardex

• Mapei

• Ultra Tile

• BAL

• Wedi

• Benfer

• Tilemaster

• Weber

• Other (any other brand not listed)

• Nicobond

• Norcros

Results are only viewable after voting.

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.