Discuss Hello everybody..... great forum ! in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

W

wobbin

Hi all,

Newbie here who hasn't done much tiling in the past. I'm more comfortable with plumbing & electrics if I'm honest.

I started off doing my bathroom floor a few years ago and was never really happy with the finish, not least because I left the spacers in place as the adhesive dried off and they were so big the grout failed to cover them fully in some spots. Not good when you're sat on 'the throne' and you are reminded on a daily basis !

I watched a professional doing my conservatory floor and noted that he was using the spacers like pegs and taking them out before everything had set off, so that's what I do now and i'm pleased with the results so far since then.

The bathroom is now undergoing a total refit now - I've stripped the walls back to brick as the old tiles didn't want to come off without most of the plaster, and replaced the old floorboards with 18mm marine ply. Plasterer has done the walls for me, and I've just finished the floor tiling. I've ditched the old (leaking) shower and tray and I'm going to fit an L shape bath with a power mixer shower instead.

Photo of my latest efforts is attached.... I know that I should have really split the tiles across the width of the room in order to give an equal part tile either side, but as there's an awkward change of level between the landing and the bathroom floors I thought that the bond would be stronger with full tiles in the doorway. Anyway, I'm happy and more importantly so is the missus !

Here's to learning more from you guys :)

Cheers
Robin
IMAG0075.jpg

Reply to Hello everybody..... great forum ! in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Subscribe to Tilers Forums

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi, i'm undertaking all of the tiling in our project. I have two different types of 600mm tiles...
Replies
Views
Hi all, My 1st post and just wanting some help/reassurance on a DIY bathroom refurb. I’m...
Replies
Views
Hi all , it’s been years since last posted for advice and your methods . My question is this ...
Replies
Views
Hi, first time posting. I’m in the middle of tiling my own bathroom, first time having a go at...
Replies
Views
Renovated the bathroom on my 1970 bungalow last year. Took up the old pink floor tiles with sds...
Replies
Views

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

Thread Information

Title
Hello everybody..... great forum !
Prefix
N/A
Forum
UK Tiling Forum
Start date
Last reply date
Replies

Which tile adhesive brand did you use most this year?

• Palace

• Kerakoll

• Ardex

• Mapei

• Ultra Tile

• BAL

• Wedi

• Benfer

• Tilemaster

• Weber

• Other (any other brand not listed)

• Nicobond

• Norcros

Results are only viewable after voting.

Birthdays

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.