Search the forum,

Discuss Hello From Ireland in the Ireland Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

C

coys84

Have had trouble myself trying to find similar products. If you have the plasterboard on then definitely make sure it's well tanked. have you used tanking before? which brand are you using? is there a shower tray or wet room floor?
Not sure yet was going to search for Bal if they sell it here,i will have a slimline shower tray.The floor has 18mm ply,i'm going to put 9mm wbp on top of that and Srb the ply before tiling floor,is this ok?Shower tray will take most of the floor as it's only small En-suite.

C

coys84

Pictures attached ,have a few walls boarded just waiting on Brother in law to wire up for power shower.

Attachments

• 2013-03-10-039.jpg
    88.4 KB · Views: 23
  • 2013-03-15-045.jpg
    85.6 KB · Views: 23
  • 2013-03-10-037.jpg
    68 KB · Views: 24
R

ruairi mac

make sure the 18mm ply is well screwed down before putting the 9mm on top. im talking every 6 inches along the joists then when screwing 9mm down fix it every 6 inches over the whole area if you get what i mean. definitely prime the front, back and sides of the 9mm ply. two part adhesive would be the best job for the floor but a its a bit more expensive. any problems just ask mate.

C

coys84

make sure the 18mm ply is well screwed down before putting the 9mm on top. im talking every 6 inches along the joists then when screwing 9mm down fix it every 6 inches over the whole area if you get what i mean. definitely prime the front, back and sides of the 9mm ply. two part adhesive would be the best job for the floor but a its a bit more expensive. any problems just ask mate.
Nice one thanks,Yeah got a price for tiles etc yesterday and i mentioned primer for the ply and he said no as the adhesive has it in,guess he was just trying to sell me the expensive one,also tanking kit he had was evostik-Technik,this any good?

R

ruairi mac

have never heard of adhesive with primer in it!! I'll be to stand corrected though. yeah the evostik is good stuff. give it a good stir first, is there a roller supplied with it? I find it easier just to use a paint brush. General rule of tanking, if you can still see the substrate through the tanking, then give it another coat.

C

coys84

have never heard of adhesive with primer in it!! I'll be to stand corrected though. yeah the evostik is good stuff. give it a good stir first, is there a roller supplied with it? I find it easier just to use a paint brush. General rule of tanking, if you can still see the substrate through the tanking, then give it another coat.
Nice one great advice thanks,will let you know how i get on.

Reply to Hello From Ireland in the Ireland Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hello there, Relatively recently we had a new en-suite fitted (complete rip out of the old...
Replies
Views
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen