Discuss Help dealing with a tiler in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

Bathfix Bob

TF
Arms
Does it depend on how you have contracted someone (the tiler) to do the work?
If you have sub contracted the work out to him then I can see that the work is not up to an acceptable standard and he should be given the chance to put it right and not paid for it until it is right.
But if he is hired as a temporary employee (paid per hour) then is it not the hirers responsibility to supervise the work to some extent so that the standard required could be achieved?
I don't really know the answer so just adding questions to the discussion.

I would note though that the tiling here is not what most tilers are used to - large format tiles fixed at (I guess) 22.5 degrees to the horizontal and needing to be cut around alcoves. If I was still tiling I would have loved it as a challenge but would have had to get a new cutter or two. I would also be charging a premium rate for doing it. So I hope the job was described well to the tiler before he took it on.

Some of the cuts to the alcove might be polish-able back to a good line although one looks to be short already. Those to the ceiling would need replacing though to get an acceptable ceiling joint (unless it is the ceiling running up and down!).
Ceilings always wander up and down though, no excuse for that lazy work. These are the guys who boast how quick they are saying they can tile and grout a bathroom in a day. But look at the state its in.

Ten a penny round here, I know a guy who I wouldnt trust to tile the dog kennel I would throw him in as I wouldn't let him in the house. To supplement his terrible work he likes to trample tile adhesive all over the drive and let it set.

Reply to Help dealing with a tiler in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Subscribe to Tilers Forums

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi everyone. I'm really hoping you all can help as I am at my wits end. We have hired...
Replies
Views
Hi All I am after some advice please. We have a retrofit undefloor heating system ( Robbens...
Replies
Views
Hello, Just joined the forum and am hoping to get some advice on a project. I live in San...
Replies
Views
Hi guys, sorry for the clunky thread title... Just over a year ago we had a side...
Replies
Views
Help! Advice needed please! I am in the middle of a bathroom renovation that my partner is...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

Thread Information

Title
Help dealing with a tiler
Prefix
N/A
Forum
Australia Tiling Forum
Start date
Last reply date
Replies

Which tile adhesive brand did you use most this year?

• Palace

• Kerakoll

• Ardex

• Mapei

• Ultra Tile

• BAL

• Wedi

• Benfer

• Tilemaster

• Weber

• Other (any other brand not listed)

• Nicobond