Discuss Help Need New Leg in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

O

On one

Sorry to hear about your leg Ben, that's a while with no income.....i think you can apply for incapacity benefit if you have no critical illness cover.......I think it's called ( esa - employment support allowance ) - I think you would be eligible for that mate, gotta be worth a shot as better than nothing coming in......good luck and Hope you get back to work soon
ESA or whatever it is now?........don't build your hopes up.
I had an ATOS medical following surgery on an arthritic elbow......absolute sham of a medical ...........result..........''your fit to work'' one good elbow and I was still on Tramadol painkillers at the time.

S

SJPurdy

ESA is for anyone who can't work because of sickness or disability and aren't getting statutory sick pay (eg the self employed).
You need a sick note from your doctor and then you can claim:
contributory ESA if you have paid enough national insurance contributions;
or,
income related ESA if your (and partners I think) income and capital (savings) are low enough.

The citizensadvise.org.uk web site is very helpful, and more details are on the gov.uk web site.
claims are made through jobcentreplus and can be done by filling out a form or doing it (the same details) over the phone (0800 055 6688).

Remember that all your business outgoings (keeping van on road, phone and internet costs etc ) are still valid even though you are temporarily not working. Also if you do get ESA it is taxable and needs to be entered on your tax return.

Best of luck with a full speedy recovery.

B

bcd-87

ESA is for anyone who can't work because of sickness or disability and aren't getting statutory sick pay (eg the self employed).
You need a sick note from your doctor and then you can claim:
contributory ESA if you have paid enough national insurance contributions;
or,
income related ESA if your (and partners I think) income and capital (savings) are low enough.

The citizensadvise.org.uk web site is very helpful, and more details are on the gov.uk web site.
claims are made through jobcentreplus and can be done by filling out a form or doing it (the same details) over the phone (0800 055 6688).

Remember that all your business outgoings (keeping van on road, phone and internet costs etc ) are still valid even though you are temporarily not working. Also if you do get ESA it is taxable and needs to be entered on your tax return.

Best of luck with a full speedy recovery.

Thanks you

B

bcd-87

Sorry to hear about your leg Ben, that's a while with no income.....i think you can apply for incapacity benefit if you have no critical illness cover.......I think it's called ( esa - employment support allowance ) - I think you would be eligible for that mate, gotta be worth a shot as better than nothing coming in......good luck and Hope you get back to work soon

Thanks, I'm trying not to think about money to much.. I have two young kids and my wife doesn't work.. We are looking into what help we could get

Last few months haven't been great with problems with the van and being slow with work this couldn't have come at a worse time..

But it's happened and I will deal with it got to keep fighting

B

bcd-87

Picture as promised ... If your eating lunch I wouldn't look

image.jpeg

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to Help Need New Leg in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi I am thinking of training to gain city and guilds on weekends I’m just wondering is there...
Replies
Views
P
Hiya I know this was 10 years ago hoping you still use the same email address and get this...
Replies
Views
Hi all , it’s been years since last posted for advice and your methods . My question is this ...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB