Discuss Hi, advice needed please in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com.

A

anne

We are having a wet room installed and I'm very confused about what kind of tiles to buy. I have been told that we need tiles with R11, 12 or 13 resistance. My local tile shops have no idea what the resistance of any of their tiles are, and any I have seen on the internet look very bland and uninteresting.....does anyone have any advice or suggestions?:vanish:

:vanish:Thanks a lot......PS based in the UK, so that may affect the advice I get :vanish:

A

anne

Unfortunately none of this is my skill set. We are putting in a wet room for my partner who has a disability due to an accident a long time ago, but we don't want it to look like a disabled wetroom. I/ we wanted tiles, but the local authority who are giving us a bit of a grant want a R 11-13 tile or a rubbery flooring..which my partner doesn't want, so we are looking for a compromise......something smart and sylish which doesn't shout disability.... a tile that will look smart and practical and will lend itself to a room which will look smart when we move on....possibly too tall an order :thumbsdown:

A

anne

Thanks for this. I wondered about your thoughts on whether to tile the actual shower bed, for want of a technical term, in mosaic tiles. The plumber suggested it yesterday, saying in his experience it gave a better finish than cutting tiles to put around a drain....something to do with joists. It would only be the actual shower area as I have now managed to source a nice tile for the rest of the floor

G

Gazzer

Thanks for this. I wondered about your thoughts on whether to tile the actual shower bed, for want of a technical term, in mosaic tiles. The plumber suggested it yesterday, saying in his experience it gave a better finish than cutting tiles to put around a drain....something to do with joists. It would only be the actual shower area as I have now managed to source a nice tile for the rest of the floor

Are you using a shower tray former ?

B

bugs183

Any wet room needs careful thought into how it is built.
If this is a ground floor job it is more than likely that a sand and cement screed will be used for the floor. This is idea lfor a wetroom due to its solidity, Schluter make some brilliant wet room drains exactly for this purpose:

Schlüter-KERDI-DRAIN - Schlüter-Systems

They are not overly expensive and are superbly built. Don't allow anyone to use cheap parts in it's construction, and is the plumber experienced in wetroom work??

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to Hi, advice needed please in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi all, We employed a tiler to lay some rectified wood effect planks in a herringbone pattern…...
Replies
Views
I've recently bought Johnson 'Orkney Stone' ceramic floor tiles from B&Q. Paid to have them...
Replies
Views
Renovated the bathroom on my 1970 bungalow last year. Took up the old pink floor tiles with sds...
Replies
Views
Hi people I'm in desperate need of advice So my builder who I let go due to poor work has...
Replies
Views
Hi, Looking for advice mainly on how much adhesive I should remove from between the tiles in a...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB