Discuss Hi all, advice needed soon in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

4x4

Hi all,

I thought I'd write another post as I have some questions I would like to ask the resident experts on here in the future if they dont mind helping me out, so here goes,

I originaly first posted around a year ago when I was made redundant from a different trade,
after waiting a while I took the plunge and booked a 4 week tiling course which I learnt a fair bit from and thoroughly enjoyed,

although looking back I felt the course was a bit outdated in certain areas like for example spending 2 weeks using nippers :mad2: and spending time practising things like tiling diamond set window surrounds in 6 inch tiles, which i suppose was quite popular in the 60's lol,

I felt we should have been using larger tiles on the course and taught more about using things like Ditra or Durabase which hardly got a mention,

anyway after the course I bought some tools and got some more practice in at home and for family before going it on my own,
now around 6 months down the line I have got in with an established building firm who sub me a regular stream of tiling work,

one thing I'm a generally a bit disapointed about is I cant believe how far out and uneven the walls are of the jobs I have be doing,

I spend so much time packing out low areas with rapid flex which I mix myself and end up having to butter up the tile most of the time as I rarely seem to get a nice flat wall I can trowel the addy on and slap the tiles up onto, which slows the job down so much and I really get through to many buckets too lol!

Anyway thats a bit about myself,

I have attached some photos of a few of jobs I've done as I know you all like some pics, including a small bathroom I did in ceramics where the customer would not have tile trim and insisted on mitre's, she had already bought the ceramics so I had ago, anyway I mananged to mitre them without them chipping etc. and it came out quit well in the end.

I will have some questions for you all soon as I know I have a travertine floor coming up shortly which i would like some advise on,

keep busy everyone

cheers Dave

Attachments

• 1.2a.jpg
    486.5 KB · Views: 72
  • 3.5a.jpg
    280.7 KB · Views: 67
  • 1.5a.jpg
    471.9 KB · Views: 69
  • 3a.jpg
    295.8 KB · Views: 67
  • 4a.jpg
    310.3 KB · Views: 63
  • 5a.jpg
    375.1 KB · Views: 68
  • 6a.jpg
    359.2 KB · Views: 63
  • 8a.jpg
    320.4 KB · Views: 62
  • 7a.jpg
    357 KB · Views: 63

Reply to Hi all, advice needed soon in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Subscribe to Tilers Forums

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi all, We employed a tiler to lay some rectified wood effect planks in a herringbone pattern…...
Replies
Views
I've recently bought Johnson 'Orkney Stone' ceramic floor tiles from B&Q. Paid to have them...
Replies
Views
Hi people I'm in desperate need of advice So my builder who I let go due to poor work has...
Replies
Views
Hi All Had a panic when we had to rip out some of our floor tiles after a plumbing leak...
Replies
Views
Renovated the bathroom on my 1970 bungalow last year. Took up the old pink floor tiles with sds...
Replies
Views

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Advertisement

Thread Information

Title
Hi all, advice needed soon
Prefix
N/A
Forum
UK Tiling Forum
Start date
Last reply date
Replies

Thread Tags

Which tile adhesive brand did you use most this year?

• Palace

• Kerakoll

• Ardex

• Mapei

• Ultra Tile

• BAL

• Wedi

• Benfer

• Tilemaster

• Weber

• Other (any other brand not listed)

• Nicobond

• Norcros

Results are only viewable after voting.

Birthdays

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.