Discuss Hi All, newbie about to tile an en-suite... in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

M

milesd

Time passes...and then!

Right, I've taken everything out of the en-suite and re-boarded the shower area. What's the best tanking kit to go for?

All other boards have had the skim removed and are ready for tiling. Do the boards need to be treated with anything or can I tile straight onto them?

Any advice on the best adhesive to use?

Also since the mosaic tiles are only 4mm I was thinking of putting up strips of WBP ply. The strips would then also enable me to align the larger tiles. I was thinking of using no more nails (or wood glue) and plasterboard screws to secure the ply. Would that do the job?

To answer why we want to start from the ceiling downwards is that I want the bottom of the lower mosaic row to line up with the window sill (which will also have the mosaic tiles fitted).

Thanks for any advice.

p.s. This project has gone from "just tile it" to "complete refurb of everything" :helpsmilie:

Reply to Hi All, newbie about to tile an en-suite... in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Subscribe to Tilers Forums

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi, I am having my en-suite half tiled and the floor is already tiled so we are just adding xtra...
Replies
Views
hi all newby here...we have purchased a 1970 bungalow, turning into a bit of a nightmare...
Replies
Views
Hi We've knocked through our kitchen and dining room and taken up old stone/porcelain tiles in...
Replies
Views
Hi all, I found this forum yesterday and after some thorough reading was really impressed by...
Replies
Views
Hi All, I urgently need some advice and not sure where to turn. We are having some major...
Replies
Views
Rookery
R

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Advertisement

Thread Information

Title
Hi All, newbie about to tile an en-suite...
Prefix
N/A
Forum
UK Tiling Forum
Start date
Last reply date
Replies

Thread Tags

Which tile adhesive brand did you use most this year?

• Palace

• Kerakoll

• Ardex

• Mapei

• Ultra Tile

• BAL

• Wedi

• Benfer

• Tilemaster

• Weber

• Other (any other brand not listed)

• Nicobond

• Norcros

Results are only viewable after voting.

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.