UK Tiling Forum for UK Tile Advice

Comply with UK Tiling Standards and Research Tiling on your UK Tiling Forum. The tiling community that provides free wall and floor tile fixing advice to the United Kingdom.

Discuss Hi all : ) in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

F

Fizz_bosh

I'm no tiler, just in the process of getting my new bathroom sorted & I need to build a frame for the bath. The bath size is 800x1800 acrylic. The space is 2100 for the bath, giving me 150mm each end for tiles & I was hoping to have 100mm along each side too.
Can anyone answer the following?

2x4 or 2x2 to make the frame?
Do the tiles sit under the rim of the bath or do they butt up to the edge?

Any oth info very welcome indeed....

Thank you!

F

Fizz_bosh

Thank you both.

To support the tiles at the wall edge, I was thinking of fixing batons to the wall, would these be strong enough or would you use uprights to give these extra support?
For a tile backer, should I go for ply, plasterboard (I have some BAL tanking stuff) or aqualpanel? Or something else?

i have some magnectic catches to make a concealed access panel, I'll probably have questions about that at the weekend!!

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to Hi all : ) in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

I'm tiling my shower with a 150mm tall step/threshold that I want to place a row of 100 x 150...
Replies
Views
T
Hello, New here, been reading tons of posts and found some great info on this site :). Half...
Replies
Views
SJPurdy
S
M
Hi all Interested in views from the trade world about how I should deal with a big floor tiling...
2 3 4 5
Replies
Views
F
Hello All :) I have a bath to be plumbed in & tiled around (I have constructed a frame, timber...
Replies
Views
T
Hi All, Have used this forum for research for a while now and have been impressed with the...
Replies
Views

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

Birthdays

Tilers Forums on FB

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.