Hi

• Thread starter Foxtrot Oscar
  • Start date
  • Replies 10
  • Views 1K
  • Tags
    usa

Discuss Hi in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

F

Foxtrot Oscar

Hello all, thought I'd introduce myself. I'm a very casual DIYer looking for advice relating to a bodged bathroom installation, so will probably be around here a lot as I try and get information on best practice for repairing the mess. I'm a member at UK Plumbers and the advice given there has, I feel, made me a more competent plumber than the guy that installed my bathroom, and he's meant to be a pro :p.

There's just so much information on correct no-shortcuts ways of doing things, and that's what I'm hoping to gain here.

One question - I started a new thread and just caught a glimpse of a message...something about my thread requiring approval? I looked in the FAQ hoping to find something there but saw nothing. Are all new posts pre-approved? Or only the first one?

Thanks and hello again.

F

Foxtrot Oscar

No approval needed? Hmmm I wonder where my thread's gone then?! I posted it in the main tiling forum section. Could you check please?

Incidentally my pics are this big:

O5Yhm.jpg

M

Max@ableskills

Hi and welcome.

1. Looks like direct fix to chipboard
2. Looks like water damage to chipboard
3. I bet most cracks are where the chipboard flooring meets other chipboard flooring boards.

Over time of the bath being filled time and time again it has put stress through the chipboard floor and cracked at the weakest point (which is the tile).

Rip up, strengthen floor by bracing between joists and fix new deck min 18mm marine ply then re tile.

good luck

Reply to Hi in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hello, after watching so many instructional videos and planing, I just can't understand how to...
Replies
Views
Hello, first post, asking about career change and possible entry route into the industry. I know...
Replies
Views
Hi there - I’m hoping to get some advice. I’m a builder, based in Melbourne, Australia. I’ve...
Replies
Views
Matthew7
M
This is my first time posting, I searched for a similar thread and didn't find much- apologies...
Replies
Views
Hello all, Hoping that once again I can get some good advice on here, you were invaluable when...
Replies
Views

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Advertisement

TF Group Please Join

Thread Information

Title
Hi
Prefix
N/A
Forum
UK Tiling Forum
Start date
Last reply date
Replies

Thread Tags

Tags
usa

Which tile adhesive brand did you use most this year?

• Palace

• Kerakoll

• Ardex

• Mapei

• Ultra Tile

• BAL

• Wedi

• Benfer

• Tilemaster

• Weber

• Other (any other brand not listed)

• Nicobond

• Norcros

Results are only viewable after voting.

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.