• Thread starter dave l and l
  • Start date
  • Replies 29
  • Views 3K

Discuss Holiday in the General Off-topic Chat area at TilersForums.com.

D

dave l and l

i am thinking about heading away in the campervan next week for a few days . not sure where to go yet . was thinking the far north west scotland but weather doesnt look to clever,
so maybe a change of plan,,, north east england looks nice . anyone from down there tell me what kind of weather they have been getting , and is it a nice place to visit,
either that or wales coast which looks nice, also whats the weather been like down there
i dont really trust the bbc or met when it comes to weather

John Benton

TF
Arms
Leeds
North East England is fantastic weather is always in low 30's and very little rain.
Plenty of sightseeing and Hadrians wall a heritage site worth visiting - not sure if it will still keep you celts out!

You must remember to go between March and October for those temperatures, it does drop to about 20 degrees during the winter months.

The Benwell, Scotswood and Cowgate country estates are all worth a visit

D

dave l and l

You must remember to go between March and October for those temperatures, it does drop to about 20 degrees during the winter months.

The Benwell, Scotswood and Cowgate country estates are all worth a visit

sounds more like scotland, with those tempratures, ..
was looking at pictures and the area looks nice, the weather reports are looking not bad either, its just a pity ye cant trust the met or bbc to get it right

D

dave l and l

WP_20160304_003.jpg

D

dave l and l

Mines imported from USA so pretty rust free, it's all origional, scars an all
That's the way forward I think. I spent a few days under trying to dig out the old underseal and check for rust. 37 plates later I got rid of about half the rusty bits. Thankfully I helped my dad work on his t2 so the welding was done by him and me.. Was up in the western isles few months ago. Twas lovely. Cost a fair few quid in petrol mind you. Think I am getting about 21 the gallon

O

Old Mod

hopefully the plan soon!! apparently central heating for the house was more important ,than getting my bus fixed!!! very unreasonable of her .

Well if u could of spent the money on the bus Bob you could've driven somewhere warm for the winter eh! :D

Strange ideas at times the 'fairer sex',
Thing is in my experience, 'fair' is sometimes the last thing they are! :p

T

Time's Ran Out

1960's it was.
You could get the bus from end of our street and 4 hours later you were on the beach. The rest of the day making tile designs out of wet sand before the tide came in and washed the grout off!
Fish and chips in last weeks newspaper and a stottie with margarine and homemade mushy peas. If you weren't camping in the dunes it was another bus ride home and tucked up in bed.
All this and me dad still had change from a farthing. Aye those were the days.

Reply to Holiday in the General Off-topic Chat area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi, I bought some sheets of 6mm insulation board to install on my bathroom floor. (It has blue...
Replies
Views
Time's Ran Out
T
Tamworth based Instarmac Group plc are delighted to have been officially named as a ‘Great Place...
Replies
Views
Spare Tool
S
M
'Evening Gents, Recently joined the forum and have spent the last week trawling through loads...
Replies
Views
M
Hi Guy's, been a member a short while since planning a new shower room install. Trying to take...
Replies
Views
Hey Guys, Long time no speak. I had a good run during winter but things have dried up a bit...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB