Discuss hot day,poor addy !! in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

H

hillhead

Hello all,
today i was on a floor with 600x300 polished porcelain.
I was there on labour only,well now the stuff i was using was larsen flexible rapid set,i couldn't believe how quick it was going off !! it can also be used as a grout !! YUK. setting in the bucket within 10 mins,grout after 2 hours it says on bag,should be 30 mins!! very bad to work with,every scoup out of the bucket was different !! i had to tilt the trowel at different angles all day !:mad2:

Last edited by a moderator:
A

advancetiling

did a 200 metre shop floor last night using larsen rapid set.only mixed small buckets and no exaggeration,could only lay 1 tile before it went off.deliberatly mixed it thin yet it set hard after minutes.wouldnt mind but it was the middle of the night and not even that warm.without doubt the worst addy ever used.even the texture didnt seem right when mixed,oh and it stinks badly.all the polymers and that im guessing

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to hot day,poor addy !! in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Just seen Rocatex on uHeat.co.uk and thought hmmm that's a new one on me. Anybody used it yet...
Replies
Views
Water Damaged Shower Repairs Shower tile repair – water damage – tile waterproofing Do you...
Replies
Views
Hi, We are currently in the process of having our kitchen tiled and have some concerns about...
Replies
Views
WetSaw
W
Hi. I'm relatively new to tiling, and have begun offering it as a service alongside my existing...
Replies
Views
S
Ok so just putting this out there for a mate of mine to see if anyone would like to take on...
Replies
Views
Spare Tool
S

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Advertisement

TF Group Please Join

Thread Information

Title
hot day,poor addy !!
Prefix
N/A
Forum
UK Tiling Forum
Start date
Last reply date
Replies

Thread Tags

Tags
usa

Which tile adhesive brand did you use most this year?

• Palace

• Kerakoll

• Ardex

• Mapei

• Ultra Tile

• BAL

• Wedi

• Benfer

• Tilemaster

• Weber

• Other (any other brand not listed)

• Nicobond

• Norcros

Results are only viewable after voting.

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.