Discuss House bashing in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

S

Spud

Deano I really am strongly considering following your lead and doing more commercial work as a sub contractor, I am trying to train a lad and dont feel I am giving him a fair go on my own work as most of it is quite varied and I think he would learn more quickly on repetitive work ,I also have a theory that you make more money as a labour only subbie than you do as a jobbing tiler supplying materials ,its been a while now how are you finding it and is there much of a difference in earnings levels ?

T

The D

I am taking home 800-1200 per week and I am happy with that but the best thing is I have no stress other than making sure the plot is finished in time for the next trade. The work is good most of the time some of the house builders have some nasty plots as in not much tiling but all the hard walls and no floors but most are good. As I have said the site we have landed on has got good size plots and the potential to be a good earner. I am turning domestic work away that a couple of weeks ago I would have jumped at it. You never know I may get fed up of site work and long for the stimulation of explaining why I am insisting on tanking, ditra mat, sanding the floor, or the use of a certain type of adhesive but I can't see it at the moment .

T

The D

Good money Dean. Just shows that a fella knocking out a site in 3 days is better off than someone who spends a week faffing about in a domestic bathroom, and won't have a quarter of the hassle either providing there's a cheque handed out every Friday.
the money is not bad but it's a lot of fixing but that is ok with me we get paid every two weeks put your invoice in on Friday morning and the money is in the bank by Friday afternoon. Spot on every time.

M

Mr Tiler

the money is not bad but it's a lot of fixing but that is ok with me we get paid every two weeks put your invoice in on Friday morning and the money is in the bank by Friday afternoon. Spot on every time.

money is all things mate... that payment every two weeks would and im sure is sufficient to any wage..... sure as hell beats fighting a tight *** over a few bathroom tiles! only thing I hate is the things that are acceptable which in a private house would not be I cant stand but has to happen!

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to House bashing in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi guys, I'm new to tiling and looking for some advice. I'm practical and usually pretty good...
Replies
Views
I was quoted over £4700 (inclusive of VAT) to rip out and replace my bathroom. This does not...
Replies
Views
Hi, I have a few questions I hope you guys can help me with? I move into my new build house in...
Replies
Views
T
My daughter and Hubby are moving into their newly built house on Friday and today we went for a...
Replies
Views
A
Abit about myself to start off with. Been in the building game for 30 years and can turn my...
Replies
Views
C

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB