UK Tiling Forum for UK Tile Advice

Comply with UK Tiling Standards and Research Tiling on your UK Tiling Forum. The tiling community that provides free wall and floor tile fixing advice to the United Kingdom.

Discuss how do i baton on tanked walls in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

P

Polishtradesman

Ok, but is is your point of view. For me working in new bath is a madness. I have crosses even in such a things like fitting the sink or loo and then tile around which is really ridicoules. It is not the same as wall and floor tiles, becouse in this case it is easier to cut floor tile and then cover it by bottom cut but you do not need to cut a bath. Bath is straight tile surface is flat as well it match and it is small bead of silicone, maybe wider than 2 mm but still very neat. It is all about to not work inside the bath and got same wide of bath edges which looks symmetrically. Do how you like to do but please do not try to convince my that my way is wrong. Bathrooms are usually small so i got even more work space all the time and then bath at the end all i need to do is a silicone.

Ok, but is is your point of view. For me working in new bath is a madness. I have crosses even in such a things like fitting the sink or loo and then tile around which is really ridicoules. It is not the same as wall and floor tiles, becouse in this case it is easier to cut floor tile and then cover it by bottom cut but you do not need to cut a bath. Bath is straight tile surface is flat as well it match and it is small bead of silicone, maybe wider than 2 mm but still very neat. It is all about to not work inside the bath and got same wide of bath edges which looks symmetrically. Do how you like to do but please do not try to convince my that my way is wrong. Bathrooms are usually small so i got even more work space all the time and then bath at the end all i need to do is a silicone.

not saying its wrong we all got our own way i just find it better the way i do it imo

P

Polishtradesman

hmm, well... Difficoulty for me, writing in this forum is that my english is not so good to express my emotions in kind and good way. I am not going to teach you which way, becosue i am not a teacher, i am still learnig and i am guest in this country, do not want to look like pighead. But honestly, for me tere is not another way to fit a bath then doing it after tiling. Did not want to be intrusive just defending my point of view as i see it reasonable and logic.

S

Stef

hmm, well... Difficoulty for me, writing in this forum is that my english is not so good to express my emotions in kind and good way. I am not going to teach you which way, becosue i am not a teacher, i am still learnig and i am guest in this country, do not want to look like pighead. But honestly, for me tere is not another way to fit a bath then doing it after tiling. Did not want to be intrusive just defending my point of view as i see it reasonable and logic.

I will agree that its each to their own when it comes to doing things, i just feel that its easier to have the bath fitted then tile to it, i think its a lot neater finish.

I will also agree with Stewart, not all baths are the same, some state tile then fit bath.

I just fitted my shower tray & it stated "Tile first" No chance i was tiling first as i feel you will get a better seal round the tray with the tile coming down onto the tray.

Polish, your doing ok with your English, :thumbsup: you communicate better than half the peeps on here. :lol:

P

Polishtradesman

No no I protest :) Not so far, it is not true. Belive me. None of bath manufaturer adivce to tile onto bath. I do not really understeand why you think that kind of sealing can fail. It is impossible. With compression you got lot of right but now you are wrong. I see hard to explain you but on continental europe i am sure bath losts warranty if you do this. You agreed that some of baths need to be fit after tiling so you try to convince me that their sealant gonna fail?? I was really happy when we discussed about plumbing, i saw your post very intresting but now i am not sure if you 100% sure of your comments. Nobody all over Europe tiles onto the bath (well dont know about all europe but sure that germans and polish) and no fails. Nobody works in bath. That is big mistake in my country. As i said i am guest here and not goint to change your ways but do not tell me that my fails. It is unlogic.

Last edited by a moderator:
A

Alan M

out in germany (and probably everywhere ) builders use ;large squares to layout walls etc. in th euk and ireland we just guese. iv seen 4 foot wals be out by 2". there is a garage (builder built it himself)locally that is 12" narrower on one end than the other and its only 20 foot long. in an ideal world you could do things like fit a bath after the tiles but not in most houses iv worked in

Reply to how do i baton on tanked walls in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

https://www.tilersforums.com/threads/shower-bath-tiling-preparation-plaster-and-wooden-windowsill...
Replies
Views
Hi all, I am in the middle of renovating my bathroom. First of its kind for me! The walls were...
Replies
Views
Water Damaged Shower Repairs Shower tile repair – water damage – tile waterproofing Do you...
Replies
Views
Hello all, I could do with some advise if anyone would kindly help me. first of all, I’m not a...
Replies
Views
Edd The Tiler
E
Hello all, I could do with some advise if anyone would kindly help me. first of all, I’m not a...
Replies
Views

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.