UK Tiling Forum for UK Tile Advice

Comply with UK Tiling Standards and Research Tiling on your UK Tiling Forum. The tiling community that provides free wall and floor tile fixing advice to the United Kingdom.

Discuss how do you clean your tiling spacers in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

M

mattle40

speek ing of rubis . i was in my local tool shop yesterday.
i was serching on a few lower shelfs. i pulled out a few lovely clean bright sigmas (just got in judging by the condition of the books and the tool) . any way inthe back i saw a long red case. i pulled it out ond dusted it off. it was a rubi. i fiddled with it for a while but got frustrated . on the shelf next to it was a cheapo diy version. the pics looked the very same as the rubi. the sales man didnt even know that they sol rubi and hes the tool buyer for them.
shows what the trade is buying

The more sigmas out there the better ;-)

Who's the daddy!

W

White Room

speek ing of rubis . i was in my local tool shop yesterday.
i was serching on a few lower shelfs. i pulled out a few lovely clean bright sigmas (just got in judging by the condition of the books and the tool) . any way inthe back i saw a long red case. i pulled it out ond dusted it off. it was a rubi. i fiddled with it for a while but got frustrated . on the shelf next to it was a cheapo diy version. the pics looked the very same as the rubi. the sales man didnt even know that they sol rubi and hes the tool buyer for them.
shows what the trade is buying

You be careful, you could get arrested for that:lol:

I have this argument all the time, for me, I find it more cost effective to use the spacers 'properly' in other words grout over them, some fixers would rather put 4 spacers in and take them back out, clean them etc, time = money ( I do a lot of site work ) and the 'small' cost of the spacers against the time taken to reclaim them is daft imho. Each to their own though.

Stick them in a bucket of diluted spirits of salts for a day or two and the crap will just fall off. mind you i've had spacers last me years just by reusing them. Normally just crack and crumble any addy off whenever I come across one thats a bit narly. Or just chuck them. A small bucket of 5000 can last for ages.
Isn't it funny how a thread about some poxy spacers can really take off. We really need to get out a bit more ay fellas.:yikes:

F

Fliselege

I'd forgotten about spacers, what a pain in the wotsit, save them, go to use one and it's got glue on it, ever dropped a brand new bod in a full bucket of glue? Not good. Now I use (directly translated) tile string. Comes in 1,2,3,4 & 5 mm, takes seconds to pull it out, run it through your hand as you wind it up and all the glue falls off, and when the string is in you can see easily if the tiles don't look 100% straight.

F

Fliselege

When I did a job in Norway (Bomlo I think it was) the family invited me to a Saturday evening Shindig and everyone at the table spoke English because I was there, even when I wasn't involved in the conversation - now that is respect!
That's another reason my Norwegian isn't great, the locals speak English and enjoy practising it. In Germany they dub German over the tv programs, here they never do, kept in English with Norwegian subtitles, so as soon as kids start watching telly they're learning English without realising it, and they say too much telly's a bad thing!

Reply to how do you clean your tiling spacers in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Tile trim... how are you guys getting it perfect? Do you prefer to set your trim the standard...
Replies
Views
This kitchen is not level as can be seen in the attached picture. From floorboard to kitchen...
Replies
Views
Sid2323
S
I've got plasterers coming in next week to render the (brick) walls of my bathroom ready for it...
Replies
Views
F
There always the one or two tiles above the window, with nothing to hold them in place, slowly...
Replies
Views
Hi Guys & Girls Iv been tiling for just over two years now. Needed a career change after years...
Replies
Views
dbstiling
D

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Advertisement

Birthdays

Tilers Forums on FB

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.