UK Tiling Forum for UK Tile Advice

Comply with UK Tiling Standards and Research Tiling on your UK Tiling Forum. The tiling community that provides free wall and floor tile fixing advice to the United Kingdom.

Discuss How does your van cope in the snow? in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

kilty55

TF
Arms
edinburgh
I'm spitting feathers this morning,went to pick up my l200 after phoning bank to make sure funds were cleared, "yes" they said. Went to pay for it and card declined, apparently I've now got to wait till thursday as they decided to put an extended clearing date on cheque that I deposited, and as I'd changed insurance over to take effect from this morning I can't even use my scudo in the meantime:mad2::mad2::mad2:

typical imbociles at the bank doug,i have noticed recently that my bank are emplying complete numbskulls and had a similar issue last week where a large amount of money went missing and it seems they put it in the wrong place

cheque i put in took 9 days to clear as well,i think they are being extra cautious

U

user123

I'm spitting feathers this morning,went to pick up my l200 after phoning bank to make sure funds were cleared, "yes" they said. Went to pay for it and card declined, apparently I've now got to wait till thursday as they decided to put an extended clearing date on cheque that I deposited, and as I'd changed insurance over to take effect from this morning I can't even use my scudo in the meantime:mad2::mad2::mad2:

Wow, only thing to do is take a deep breath and trust it's good for something, maybe this has kept you safe, you never know..... :)

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Staffordshire, UK
Typical Doug! - I'd make a log of everything and complain to the bank explaining what had gone on and see if they compensate anything. Though I don't know what an extended clearing date is?! Probably extra trading days on the stock market with your cash. :thumbsdown:

I took a cheque in the bank today, thought it would clear 'till after xmas now, asked the lady when it should clear and she said the system will tell her when she puts it through. She did and said it's cleared?! I was baffled, never had that before. It was Lloyds TSB to Loyds TSB though, both business banks, but I'm sure I've put TSB in a few times and they clear in 3 days and not the usual 5. I didn't complain though! Extra beers for Xmas. haha

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Staffordshire, UK
just been googling it Dan, and apparently it's standard with santander if you deposit a cheque over 10k, they say it's added security to stop money laundering. Why the hell they didn't tell me that when I phoned on friday to ask if funds would deffo be cleared I don't know.

Maybe they logged that call and you can get them to see that? If they can see you were told it'd be clear then you have a leg to stand on so to speak.

Might not be worth the hassle. It's only a few days time but if you have the time I'd at least send a snotty letter.

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to How does your van cope in the snow? in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

This kitchen is not level as can be seen in the attached picture. From floorboard to kitchen...
Replies
Views
Sid2323
S
New Tilers Van Insurance Provider - But what makes a good van insurance firm these days -...
Replies
Views
Hi Everyone, my first post. I have had a read through the forum and it seems like this is the...
Replies
Views
I think this is okay to do. I can't see this upsetting a relationship you have. But by all means...
Replies
Views
Tiling around window:. The tiles are 60X30 10mm porcelain. The wall tiles will be cut and fit...
Replies
Views

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

Birthdays

Tilers Forums on FB

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.