Discuss How is work in your area... in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

E

enduro

Hows work in your area? I have 3 builders who are key players in my area all three price the same top end jobs and i work for all three of them...and there is one more company who i dont tile for that have approached me to tile for them, and i have agreed...So now i have the full set...win win situation for me :hurray: and they are all really busy..Had to pass two nice jobs onto another tiler today :mad2: as i just cant fit it all in.

S

Stewart

Luckily there seems to be a never ending stream of money in Edinburgh and the surrounding area. I'm booked up till christmas and quoting for work in Jan n Feb already. The architect's and surveyor's that i get most of my recommendations from, say things are going quite well, with their respected businesses on the increase too.

One thing i have noticed, is the customers attitude when quoting for their work. They seem much more clued up on what they want, and want to know where every single penny is going. I'm having to supply a much more detailed schedule of works and bigger breakdown of the cost's involved.

A

Aston

i'm back on oct 4th but the flats i am on will take me upto end of oct....i have had a few emails for quotes so it could have been alot worse for me seeing that i have done an about turn...my website always seems to generate high end work so thats doing its job!

i have a few plans to expand the tiling next spring to do exterior work ie driveways and paving, so as one door shut trapping my fingers lol, i am already thinking about the future and opening another aread for the stone work.

glad to hear everubodies ticking over ;0)
ed

P

peckers

Very buisy having to turn work away at the mo as i cant fitt them in before xmas got some large jobs on the go and lots of small domestic ones too. Ive got one other working for me too so as to get them done quicker.
The quality of the work to be done is getting better too and the work is more local so not having to travel so far either, so all is good this way, well at the moment anyhows. dont know how it will be next year fingers crossed!!

Reply to How is work in your area... in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Subscribe to Tilers Forums

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi, i'm undertaking all of the tiling in our project. I have two different types of 600mm tiles...
Replies
Views
Hi guys. Im a carpenter who has tiled a fair few floors over the years as i fit a lot of...
Replies
Views
I will be tiling with 60*30 procelain tiles. They weight about 3.57kg each which is about...
Replies
Views
Hi. Hoping you al. Can help me. I have an issue where I had a bathroom built and a shower...
Replies
Views
Hi all , it’s been years since last posted for advice and your methods . My question is this ...
Replies
Views

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Advertisement

Thread Information

Title
How is work in your area...
Prefix
N/A
Forum
UK Tiling Forum
Start date
Last reply date
Replies

Which tile adhesive brand did you use most this year?

• Palace

• Kerakoll

• Ardex

• Mapei

• Ultra Tile

• BAL

• Wedi

• Benfer

• Tilemaster

• Weber

• Other (any other brand not listed)

• Nicobond

• Norcros

Results are only viewable after voting.

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.