Discuss How is work in your area... in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

J

jamie B

I'm finding there's LOADS of it all at reduced prices!!...getting an awful lot of remedial offered as well thanks to the recession and desperate people trying their hand at tiling...really hard to gauge where it'll be going over the next year..the new build work has reduced by a third for me..except HA (housing association) which seems the only growth area in my neck of the woods...a sign of things to come eh??

J

jamie B

Im ticking along nicely. Have a new contact who installs steam rooms and doing the first job for him in Oct and a bigger job in Nov. Also a guy who installs Ikea kitchens, our paths crossed on a job, and he liked the idea of giving his customers the option of a female tiler. So keeping my fingers crossed.

missyT

Never really though about that before Missy, but do you find there is a niche for female trades? and if so what is the demographic so to speak?

D

DHTiling

Never really though about that before Missy, but do you find there is a niche for female trades? and if so what is the demographic so to speak?

You not thinking of cross dressing are you jamie..
MSN-Emoticon-lol-126.gif

H

hillhead

I have found domestic work has basically dried up around my area,i had 14 jobs in my book 2 months ago.I have 3 now !!
A developer i work for has plenty for me at the minute with another full house to start mid weeks or so.
Monday i have to travel to mid Ireland for a one day job in a animal testing/insemination centre that i tiled a few months ago.
The local tile shops seem to having it rough too,i only do work for one and i told them last november to stop handing my number out as i was too busy,i told them over a week ago they can start to hand it out again,not a call yet.
Big turnround needed here for sure.

H

hillhead

NEVER tell anyone to stop handing ya number out FFS..

Thanks dave,good point but when you tell people you could be 3 months what chance have we,lol.
It never stopped me sending loads of customers to them and my account is there so there is no probs with them,3 weeks ago i was sitting behind their desk showing them the JOTM competition.They love seeing the pics.

Reply to How is work in your area... in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Subscribe to Tilers Forums

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi, i'm undertaking all of the tiling in our project. I have two different types of 600mm tiles...
Replies
Views
Hi guys. Im a carpenter who has tiled a fair few floors over the years as i fit a lot of...
Replies
Views
I will be tiling with 60*30 procelain tiles. They weight about 3.57kg each which is about...
Replies
Views
Hi. Hoping you al. Can help me. I have an issue where I had a bathroom built and a shower...
Replies
Views
Hi all , it’s been years since last posted for advice and your methods . My question is this ...
Replies
Views

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Advertisement

Thread Information

Title
How is work in your area...
Prefix
N/A
Forum
UK Tiling Forum
Start date
Last reply date
Replies

Which tile adhesive brand did you use most this year?

• Palace

• Kerakoll

• Ardex

• Mapei

• Ultra Tile

• BAL

• Wedi

• Benfer

• Tilemaster

• Weber

• Other (any other brand not listed)

• Nicobond

• Norcros

Results are only viewable after voting.

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.