Discuss how much is to much in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com.

N

nosamekul

Talking to a property maintenance guy today who is starting to give me the odd job , done two or three jobs for him and so far he`s been pleased with no complaints from customers etc just good feedback. Today however when quizzed about my day rate , and i told him around the £150 mark which i did`nt think unreasonable he responded by telling me thats how much he pays his sparks and plumber and being a tiler should not be on the same as i dont need to update certification every year and associated costs and that there is very little risk associated with tiling in comparrison to afore mentioned trades . Got my back up a little and had to get it off my chest and see what other peoples view was.

John Benton

TF
Arms
Leeds
That's a fair rate I would say.

Remember if you don't grout or seal round the shower properly and water leaks through and then brings the ceiling down, do you think he'll call the spark or you, if you've done the work. Do it right first time and there's a premium to pay for getting the right man to do the job.

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to how much is to much in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi All I am after some advice please. We have a retrofit undefloor heating system ( Robbens...
Replies
Views
P
Hi there, I am new to this site so - apols if I have posted this in the wrong place. I had some...
Replies
Views
D
How do I drill a hole in a steel bath. Or cast iron bath. Instructions on drilling into baths...
Replies
Views
Deleted member 1779
D
D
Ok, so i've been looking into creating a website, as we all know, how important our presence...
Replies
Views
Spare Tool
S
G
Hello all, I'm a complete newbie, and I really dont know much about tiling. Today I had my...
Replies
Views
jSPENCEINC
J

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB