Discuss How much should this job have cost? (labour only) in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

AliGage

TF
Arms
Subscribed
£400psm in plain terms, sounds expensive.
£400 for 2 days labour however is far from expensive.

If the walls were straight/flat then why did it take 15 hours?

Personally on jobs like this (small splashbacks) i always put a minimum charge which equates to about 1.75 days. Still would make my bill less than your plumbers though.
Has to be a reason why 1.11sqm takes 2 days. Prep, repair, downtime?

Live and learn though. If you dont at least gwt an idea of price out of them youre effectively handing over a blank cheque.

B

brum

Hi there,
I am new to this site so - apols if I have posted this in the wrong place.
I had some tiling done in a kitchen of a rented flat, the walls are straight but the property is old. I have tried up loading a photo of the job, but so far have failed miserably. Please advise how much is should have cost for labour only 111 x 4 inch tiles? My working out is that this is just over 1 sq metre (1.11 to be exact). There are a few cuts (4) for plug sockets. The Plumber did the tiling and although the workmanship is okay, his price (labour only) was not. It works out at nearly £4 per tile ( boring, but glossy tiles).
I will continue to upload a photo, but on about 7th attempt!
All advice gratefully received.
Mrs Phillips

Hi mrs Phillips have you not also got a thread on plumbers forum slating a plumber for overcharging,
Come on now do you think were all a bunch of numpties.

Last edited by a moderator:
T

Time's Ran Out

Or do you mean lack of knowledge I don't think the whole truth is being told here (no input off OP) did she throw in a bone
for the animals to chew on ..???

That may be the case - how are we to know!
However this thread could serve as a warning to other customers to get estimates prior to having the work done and surely the purpose of a forum is to discuss any and all points of view.
You are not obliged to add any comments whether positive or negative and you certainly don't have to join the pack, pride, crash or any other noun for a collective group of animals.

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to How much should this job have cost? (labour only) in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hey everyone! Just want to say first of all that I am not a tiler or anything I’m just in need...
Replies
Views
Hi guys, i took some jobs as a contractor for some MC Donald's restaurants but i find it quite...
Replies
Views
My mum is having her bathroom fitted and she sent me some photos and my partner pointed out that...
Replies
Views
We had our loft bathroom done a month ago and are having issues with the tiler (recommended on a...
Replies
Views
Vinny Kehoe
V
I was quoted over £4700 (inclusive of VAT) to rip out and replace my bathroom. This does not...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

Birthdays

Tilers Forums on FB