Discuss How not to fit travertine in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

C

charlie1

I liked the way when he was fitting tile no 4 and the grout line didn't look right, he just pretended it was ok lol,...edgit! People like this guy really infuriate me, we all know he doesn't have a clue about fixing trav but Joe blogs would prob hire him as he comes over as very confident, way too confident imo! I can spot these types a mile away though, I may be buying a car or looking for a new mortgage, if I detect these sly, over confident, arrogant attributes in someone I have very little tolerance for them! The more I watch him, the more i dislike him!!!

W

williamraff

What a clever man! He has found a solution to a problem that did not exist in the first place. Surely, given the high cost and sensitive nature of modern tiling and sanitary fittings it would be better practice to have secured timber battens and not have large unwieldy metal bars lying about ready to scratch and chip anything within scratching and chipping distance :yikes:

Last edited by a moderator:
C

charlie1

exactly! I wonder who is audience is?? tilers??.. dont think so, be much cheaper and just as easy fitting a batton! Joe public??.. well thispiesce of kit ont solve any of the multiple problems someone with very little tiling knollage will come accross in the average installation. The guy seems so wrapped up in this piece of kit he cant even see its flawed as a product and as your still gonna need to hire a pro tiler! ?? edgit!!

Reply to How not to fit travertine in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hello, after watching so many instructional videos and planing, I just can't understand how to...
Replies
Views
Hi All I am after some advice please. We have a retrofit undefloor heating system ( Robbens...
Replies
Views
Hi guys, sorry for the clunky thread title... Just over a year ago we had a side...
Replies
Views
Hi I am after some advice and opinion if the quality of our recently installed tiles is of an...
Replies
Views
Hi, New to the forum. I'm going to be installing a new corner, shower unit with tiled walls...
Replies
Views

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Advertisement

TF Group Please Join

Thread Information

Title
How not to fit travertine
Prefix
N/A
Forum
UK Tiling Forum
Start date
Last reply date
Replies

Which tile adhesive brand did you use most this year?

• Palace

• Kerakoll

• Ardex

• Mapei

• Ultra Tile

• BAL

• Wedi

• Benfer

• Tilemaster

• Weber

• Other (any other brand not listed)

• Nicobond

• Norcros

Results are only viewable after voting.

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.