Guest viewing is limited

Discuss How quick can I tile a new screed in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

E

easyt

I am doing a bathroom and lavatory refit. I will have to replace most of the floor screed in the toilet. An area of about 1m x 1.5m 25mm thick.

I will use a 4:1 mix

I expect similar problems in the bathroom and will repair screed and tile walls first leaving the bottom cut row until I can tile the floor.

How long do I need to wait before tiling the floor ?

Can I reduce the time using a fast set cement ?

E

easyt

Poor mix some 50 years ago. I had a similar problem 20 years ago when I was tiling sitting room. I suspect some areas were too dry. The area under the toilet seems OK. Some areas are a bit pitted and dusty where old thermoplastic tiles laid on a bitumen layer were removed. I will have to seal those areas somehow after replacing the screed to make the toilet accessible. I will do the screed late today so that the toilet is out of operation just overnight. (We have a caravan we can use).

Easy T

E

easyt

Floor with part screed removed showing plastic sheet over concrete and remaining screed.

Attachments

• Tolet 1.JPG
    124.1 KB · Views: 319
  • Toilet2.JPG
    62.2 KB · Views: 300
J

JamesBrownLive

if you have a concrete base remove plastic to let screed to stick

dont repeat dont use pva find an acrylic primer dampen concrete slightly apply primer mixed with water (check directions) sprinkle neat cement on top mix together using stiff brush (slurry coat) then lay screed on top make sure slurry coat stays wet and this will help it to bond hope this helps :8:

Do you always have to use a slurry coat on concrete before screeding, or is it just best practice/reccomended?
What are the likely consequences of not using a slurry coat?

Cheers

Reply to How quick can I tile a new screed in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Subscribe to Tilers Forums

There are similar tiling threads here

Renovated the bathroom on my 1970 bungalow last year. Took up the old pink floor tiles with sds...
Replies
Views
Hello, after watching so many instructional videos and planing, I just can't understand how to...
Replies
Views
Hi everyone I am building my own house and now I'm ready to tile the floor downstairs. I have...
Replies
Views
Hi all I’m so glad to have stumbled upon this forum, which seems to be a treasure trove of...
Replies
Views
Bathroom being refurbished. A load of things have been rushed like some loosely rollered (not...
Replies
Views

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Advertisement

Thread Information

Title
How quick can I tile a new screed
Prefix
N/A
Forum
UK Tiling Forum
Start date
Last reply date
Replies

Which tile adhesive brand did you use most this year?

• Palace

• Kerakoll

• Ardex

• Mapei

• Ultra Tile

• BAL

• Wedi

• Benfer

• Tilemaster

• Weber

• Other (any other brand not listed)

• Nicobond

• Norcros

Results are only viewable after voting.

Birthdays

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.