Discuss how quick should you be paid ? in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

R

Rizzle from the Portizzle

its up to you to decide if you are a banker or a tiler short jobs the day you finnish. long jobs for work completed that week. on a weekly basis .the day your moneys not there walk away and come back when it is never leave more than one week out standing .when you do you will find your self outstanding weeks now you keep going hoping to get paid maybe you will maybe you wont .every week you work not getting paid you are only building more debt as it cost money just to work .so you have a choice loose a week or keep going and maybe end up loosing your house .if you dont make your terms clear and stick to them .you will be used and abused at will

T

The Legend; Phil Hobson RIP

With my customer from hell just getting paid anytime soon would be a bonus. Small claims next step, lesson learned, from now on I will not trust anyone money up front, contract signed.
I'm not bitter though, I am bloody bitter.

If the ***** spontaneously combusted three seconds after my cheque cleared I would open a bottle of Moet Chandon. And buy my long suffering wife Julie a case of it for putting up with me the last couple of years.

peteablard

TF
Arms
Cheshire
The shop fitting firm where most of my work comes from pay me 30 days from invoice. I've just ditched another who paid 30 days end of month.....Then dragged it out... 44 days late once which meant nearly it was nearly 3 months from the job finishing.
One builder pays within a couple of days, another takes 3-4 weeks
If a domestic customer wanted to pay by BACS then I'd give them up to 7 days before I went knocking on the door so that's what I've voted

C

Colour Republic

Most of my terms are clearly stated 'on completion' on the quote I gave them at the begining

But will happily wait 7 days from final invoice, some times it takes me a couple of days to get the final invoice out any way
after 14 days i'm getting little annoyed
after 21 days i'm ringing them once a day
after 30 i'm ringing them on the hour every hour
60 days i've burnt the house to the ground

All that said if it's a regular customer who I know is good for it then i'll wait up to a month without hassling them but not as a regular agreement, where every payment is like that.

John Benton

TF
Arms
Leeds
I normally present invoice on last day and generally get paid there and then. If they want to pay by BACS then it comes within 7 days. Can't remember the last time I wasn't paid within 7 days only the time below.

Only ever had one payment late and that was because the ladies husband died. I waited 3 weeks for that cheque, she had completely forgotten about it under the circumstances. I told her to wait until after the funeral as I knew she was good for it.

K

kaharrison9

I work in domestic and tend to always build a good relationship up and mainly get paid on the day.
If not I have found there seems to be a genuine reason, the customer is apologetic and I get paid in the next couple of days.
Only once other trades were saying the customer on a large house was never in a rush to pay and I needed to put payment within 30days. I thought hell to that and put 7 days and rang on the 8th and got paid immediately. I think putting 30 days is setting oneself up unless it is agreed when quoting for the job and then I don't think I would be to fussed to work under that arrangement.

Sean Kelly

TF
Arms
Ruislip
Private customers cash/cheque on same day.
Builders seven days from invoice then it's a bacs xfer.

I started a thread regarding bank xfer from private customers. Twice in as many months I have had to chase them for payment.

I ask for no money up front. I buy all materials (except tiles), but including ufh etc. I get a bit peed off when my credit card payment has already been paid, but I have not been paid by customer.

Reply to how quick should you be paid ? in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi, Looking for advice mainly on how much adhesive I should remove from between the tiles in a...
Replies
Views
I've recently bought Johnson 'Orkney Stone' ceramic floor tiles from B&Q. Paid to have them...
Replies
Views
Hi everybody, I've come up with a new way that I'd like the forum to work. I've built a quick...
Replies
Views
Hi all, I've laid some Arditex NA over the kitchen floor area (not under cabinets. The area is...
Replies
Views
This cost of living crisis does not seem to be going away anytime soon and as we go into Winter...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

Birthdays

Tilers Forums on FB