Discuss how quick should you be paid ? in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

Q

Qwerty

Alot of self employed people have no idea that unless you agree a payment date and terms with the customer prior to commencing work, then they have the right to pay you within 30 days of getting your invoice (or the goods or service.)

You can set your own payment terms, such as discounts for early payment and payment upfront but you have no rights in law to demand this at the end unless agreed between you and the customer.

How many people here that say they are paid as they leave have these terms agreed, and (going back to T&C's from another thread) how many here actually specify this in writing within their terms?

R

RDTiling

In an ideal world, I'd like to get paid same day from all jobs, however to be fair to customers I don't mind giving them seven days to pay.

I will occasionally allow that to be stretched to 14 if I know the person, but generally its 7 days.

I'm contemplating getting one of those card things that you link up to your phone, but its whether the customer trusts putting their pin details into a device attached to a mobile phone.

R

RDTiling

Alot of self employed people have no idea that unless you agree a payment date and terms with the customer prior to commencing work, then they have the right to pay you within 30 days of getting your invoice (or the goods or service.)

You can set your own payment terms, such as discounts for early payment and payment upfront but you have no rights in law to demand this at the end unless agreed between you and the customer.

How many people here that say they are paid as they leave have these terms agreed, and (going back to T&C's from another thread) how many here actually specify this in writing within their terms?

I'm one of those people who did not know that - I must get some T&C's drawn up, but I've really no idea where to start.

I'll hunt down that other thread...

G

Gazzer

In an ideal world, I'd like to get paid same day from all jobs, however to be fair to customers I don't mind giving them seven days to pay.

I will occasionally allow that to be stretched to 14 if I know the person, but generally its 7 days.

I'm contemplating getting one of those card things that you link up to your phone, but its whether the customer trusts putting their pin details into a device attached to a mobile phone.
I have the same thoughts myself

think ive just been stung for the first time ,only a small 6mtr porche floor,tiled it thursday but adhesive wouldnt go off for me,arranged to go back 7 am following morn to grout ,told customer not to walk on it but same old story the fairys must have walked on it because she didnt,anyway i made it right grouted and waited to be paid ,nice little job,she agreed and then said she would only pay when she had inspected it proper,cheeky .......,phoned her twice and left message on her answer machine but have had no reply and no payment,it does say on my quote payment on completion

my update : my customer phoned up and said everything was fine all of a sudden but she wasnt to happy with the trim i put on the step into the kitchen,so i nipped back took the trim out and put another one in just the same as the first and she was fine with it ,absolutley crazy,dont know how i managed to hold my tongue,then she asked me was i still going to tile her kitchen floor on friday,no thanks mrs,i would sooner poke my own eyes out with a knitting needle,i got paid ,thats the main thing i suppose ,makes me think i might start asking for a deposit up front ,just one bad customer

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to how quick should you be paid ? in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi, Looking for advice mainly on how much adhesive I should remove from between the tiles in a...
Replies
Views
I've recently bought Johnson 'Orkney Stone' ceramic floor tiles from B&Q. Paid to have them...
Replies
Views
Hi everybody, I've come up with a new way that I'd like the forum to work. I've built a quick...
Replies
Views
Hi all, I've laid some Arditex NA over the kitchen floor area (not under cabinets. The area is...
Replies
Views
This cost of living crisis does not seem to be going away anytime soon and as we go into Winter...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB