Discuss How should porcelain adhere? in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com.

P

Peter

Been doing a renovation on and off for the last 6 months or so. Done this floor at the start and it was decided this week that the door would open out so had to lift a few tiles. Although they were back buttered and solid bedded, they came up cleanly without much on the backs. Tiles weren't wet and stuck with an SPF. Is this normal with porcelain?

photo(71).jpg

Sean Kelly

TF
Arms
Ruislip
This happened to me a couple of weeks ago. I had to lift a tile the next day because it was chipped. When I smashed it out it was clean on the back. I thought to myself oh ****. but, the surrounding tiles were still well bonded to the floor. I used Toppfix rapid flex and i back buttered the tiles. The mix was not dry nor was it too wet. I was laying onto ditra too. The tiles are still down (and that was 2 weeks ago).

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to How should porcelain adhere? in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi I’m a complete amateur at this apart from an afternoon spent researching the internet. Two...
Replies
Views
Hi All I am after some advice please. We have a retrofit undefloor heating system ( Robbens...
Replies
Views
Hi, new to forum and first post, after some advice. Recently had the chamber of my fireplace...
Replies
Views
Just seen Rocatex on uHeat.co.uk and thought hmmm that's a new one on me. Anybody used it yet...
Replies
Views
Hi, I'm new to the forum and fairly new to tiling, my only previous "proper" job was my recent...
Replies
Views
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

Birthdays

Tilers Forums on FB