UK Tiling Forum for UK Tile Advice

Comply with UK Tiling Standards and Research Tiling on your UK Tiling Forum. The tiling community that provides free wall and floor tile fixing advice to the United Kingdom.

Discuss How would you do it ? in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Staffordshire, UK
That is the way I did it - she didn't want pencil marks all over her expensive wall paper - so laser level & staff.

Dan - it's obvious that by the time that the lowest point was levelled to meet highest, then heating mat, tiles ( 22 mm ) plus adhesive, they would have to take about 400mm off the door & alter the bottom frame & storm guard - The radiator & bleed valve at bottom end would be partially covered & all skirting boards would have to come off or disappear if left on. Also the stone fireplace hearth would disappear.

Sorry I missed this.

I don't get why, that if the floor is being levelled, there isn't enough space for a heating cable of 3mm?!?! Even if you left the small area that's the highest point, the other 90% of the floor can still afford the cable thickness, right?

Sounds to me, the raise all together is the problem, not the addition of underfloor heating.

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to How would you do it ? in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi all, I've laid some Arditex NA over the kitchen floor area (not under cabinets. The area is...
Replies
Views
F
Good evening all. I need to tile the kitchen floor over the bank holiday weekend. We are having...
Replies
Views
Futuregrout
F
  • Question
Okay so I'm going to start the ball rolling. I'd like the forum to be handy for all, including...
Replies
Views
D
straight on to a pre-pared surface and grout, m2 labour only ? . so all you would have to do...
Replies
Views
White Room
W
  • Article
If you've been on any of the Goldtrowel Tiling Courses then please leave feedback and reviews in...
Replies
Views

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.