Discuss How would you tackle this? in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com.

M

Martino

Now then guys just a quick one...How would you tile this....The tiles are absolutly solid as a rock and pretty flat for there age......Tile straight over??

Attachments

• 2013-01-17 15.09.20.jpg
    76.1 KB · Views: 157

widler

TF
Esteemed
Arms
England
Personally id tile over them. Are they quarry tiles?
The aint glazed anyhow. Why can't you clean them, slurry them and tile?
As long as they are solid as a rock it won't b a problem .
Did you say its a 1st floor, if they are that solid you could cause structural damage to whatever is below, ive seen it on buildings after knocking off solid render, having to put cavity ties in so said building don't fall down ;)

widler

TF
Esteemed
Arms
England
I dont think you will have any problems tiling over them if they are solid, I would still remove though, for all the work it wll take!!

Charlie if he gets a SDS and rips them up + causes massive vibration to the floor + knocking ceiling down below + causing structural damage to floor/building, it is quite a bit more work than tiling 4 or 5 m2 of tiling.
If they are that solid, and most folk on here have had jobs like this, prep it right it will be fine

C

charlie1

Charlie if he gets a SDS and rips them up + causes massive vibration to the floor + knocking ceiling down below + causing structural damage to floor/building, it is quite a bit more work than tiling 4 or 5 m2 of tiling.
If they are that solid, and most folk on here have had jobs like this, prep it right it will be fine

that's quite an extreme sequence events wilder!!!
i cant see him causing massive damage to building tbh. I've yet to come across a floor that I've struggled to get up easily using sds and correct technique. But as i said earlier, provided they are sound then no problem to tile over! Id still be inclined to attempt removal though!

Reply to How would you tackle this? in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi, Looking for advice mainly on how much adhesive I should remove from between the tiles in a...
Replies
Views
I will be tiling with 60*30 procelain tiles. They weight about 3.57kg each which is about...
Replies
Views
Looking for some technical advice on these tiles please. Our installers fitted this CaPietra...
Replies
Views
Hi all , it’s been years since last posted for advice and your methods . My question is this ...
Replies
Views
Hi - I ripped up laminate flooring on a concrete subfloor. It was my first DIY project and...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB