Discuss Hygrometer on Ebay in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com.

Ajax123

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Lincolnshire
Dont follow Balls written instructions on the unit.
Sand and area of floor and before sealing the unit to the floor make sure UFH is off and has been for at least three days. Seal to floor and leave for 24 hours. After that time turn on, leave for a further 24 hours and take the reading.
Before using the unit again leave a space of 24 hours and then repeat.

Thats my way anyway.

Pretty much spot on ... the only thing I will add is that the unit should not be left in place for more than 72 hours as the micro environment under it can cause interstitial condensation to form making the results very inaccurate. Not sure you need 24 hours before using the unit again but if it works then no argument.

G

Gazzer

Pretty much spot on ... the only thing I will add is that the unit should not be left in place for more than 72 hours as the micro environment under it can cause interstitial condensation to form making the results very inaccurate. Not sure you need 24 hours before using the unit again but if it works then no argument.

Thats my OCD....I like to work this way......set hygrometer at 9am, read following day at 9am. If they want to start another test in that same day as taking the reading it throws me out ! Also I am sure i read somewhere that there should be a period in between taking 2 readings and I just use 24 hours as to keep things on track. :thumbsup:

G

Gazzer

Thanks guys.

What are the correct moisture levels to allow tiling and where is the best place to place the hygrometer.

Thanks again.
I must admit I placce the box somewhere it wont get stood on or kicked but they say to use a protimeter to establish the dampest area of floor and place box there. I have used a simple moisture tester to establish this in the past. Do not place in draughty areas.

As far as I understand, 75% if you are using cement based addy, 85% if using Gysum based adddy. ,,,,,,,I can hear Alan galloping in as I type !

Ajax123

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Lincolnshire
I must admit I placce the box somewhere it wont get stood on or kicked but they say to use a protimeter to establish the dampest area of floor and place box there. I have used a simple moisture tester to establish this in the past. Do not place in draughty areas.

As far as I understand, 75% if you are using cement based addy, 85% if using Gysum based adddy. ,,,,,,,I can hear Alan galloping in as I type !

again pretty much what would advise. Some gypsum addys say 75%. I think this is important on large format tiles especially. The key.... Read the instructions on the bag.

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to Hygrometer on Ebay in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

I'm searching for 42 pieces of 12" x 12" Verde Alpi marble tiles. Preferably honed. 12" x 24"...
Replies
Views
Wagos In Aus? To my fellow Australian or Kiwi Sparks is there any stipulation on using Wagos...
Replies
Views
TilersForums.com has been online since 2006 and we've had many designs, even three forum...
Replies
Views
Should have walked into a job that was left"perfect" by the customers builder on Monday but its...
Replies
Views
S
I have posted on here a while back about my undefloor heating project. I now finally have a...
Replies
Views
hmtiling
H

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB