Discuss I am working for this guy at the mo...... in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com.

P

Protilers

I turned up this morning to start and was informed there will be four different colour's of tiles on the floor....plus decor's.....oh and they need to be "cut" to a point....and all lines in the decors must carry through..........GREAT!
I went to the room and it is under a glass roof......and it was exactly the same temprature as HELL........so off I went.......confidently I knocked up a bucket of rapid......stuck one tile.....and then turned around and i had a concrete bucket!!!....doh!...
it gets worse........he starts taking the micky....telling me I need to go quicker..............his mate threatened to get me a cold drink......that took three hours.......and I was sweating like my body did not want any water inside it.......
here are some pics:

ajmg.jpg

72il.jpg

gna4.jpg

siku.jpg

ah9w.jpg

x5dn.jpg

And to add insult to injury......he said I was going so slow.......he is going to help me out..........HERE HE IS WASHING THE FLOOR DOWN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

oz73.jpg

the worst thing is I am expected back tommorrow!!!.........hehehehehehehehehehehehehheheeeeeeeee

P

Protilers

but..but..but..is that allowed !!
why would it not be allowed?....if a substrate is solid, deflection free, and there is no chance of lateral movement.......guess what!......you don't even need a decoupler or anything!......hehehehehehheheeheeeeee

now on walls there is a different issue......WEIGHT!......I personally am still mulling that one over.....hehehheheeheheeeee

D

DHTiling

why would it not be allowed?....if a substrate is solid, deflection free, and there is no chance of lateral movement.......guess what!......you don't even need a decoupler or anything!......hehehehehehheheeheeeeee

now on walls there is a different issue......WEIGHT!......I personally am still mulling that one over.....hehehheheeheheeeee

Lol , is that allowed. Lee don't you just love them.

Nice job that , Gunnar look smart.

P

Protilers

Sorry but I would have none of that....
I make you right.............its wrong,....its extremly offensive!......I will take this up with him in the morning............and I am absolutly sure that we will come to some sort of arrangement!.............
hheheheeeheheeheheeeeee.........I will confront him with all of my concerns and I AM SURE.......he will tell me to behave.......
hahahahhahahahahahhaahhahaaaaa

Last edited by a moderator:
W

White Room

Really? Whitebeam......I was careful to choose my words........and my "grammer".............that is funny tho......reminds me of this community support officer telling me my bike should not be on the pavement.....
as i was locking it to a railing!!!!......hehhehehhheheeee.......sorry for any offence caused......I did not mean to upset you.....

You did'nt upset me mate so no need to apologize...probably just the way I worded it
:thumbsup:

P

Protilers

Right......Evening all......here is today's installment of my life......

Been back to this job today.........in the morning it was worse than yesterday........turns out this bloke has a brother (Ricky)....he was not there yesterday!.....he turns up and complains about how little has been done!!!! and goes on and on!!!...............all blinking day!!!!...

on the up not the client got me a little pressie (thats nice)...I was talking about the "extras" on my new sigma......metal arm and wheels etc.....he came up with this for me:

yy0s.jpg

and it works a treat......total saving £50.00...hehehehheheee....... on to the job in hand:

8z0o.jpg

b5hi.jpg

onqh.jpg

dcuo.jpg

4k1s.jpg

almost done........floor is complete and there is a little to do on the walls.....oh well.........I managed to sneak a photo of the client......here he is!!!

e4dv.jpg

hehehhehehehheehheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee.......moaner!

all the best lads

Lee

P

Protilers

Haha Picture 7 :-

Sounds like "Tanker"

Great work Lee, but are you allowed to tile on top of tiles? :sofahide:

hhahahahhahahahaaaa................I am not going to get into that!!!!!.........but I have to confess.......this whole post has been a bit of a joke.........

the bloke in the picture is RayTT.........and I have to say he is a great bloke (and a million miles away from sounds like "tanker")........

his brother on the other hand.......well!.....hehehheheheheeeeeee

P

Protilers

hhahahahahha....I have to admit John........we have done a bit of tiling............but the abuse is constant.....and then there is the f'in and gef'in.............they are unstopable......

you lot are lucky this is a photo post.......if I had recorded this job and uploaded it to youtube for you to see and hear......OMG.......you would have laughed your **** off.......

all the best

Lee....

Last edited by a moderator:

Reply to I am working for this guy at the mo...... in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi, Hope everyone is well. I'm after some advice please. I'm currently having my bathroom tiled...
Replies
Views
I’m halfway through tiling a shower cubicle at home. First time doing any tiling. I’ve used...
Replies
Views
Hi all I’m so glad to have stumbled upon this forum, which seems to be a treasure trove of...
Replies
Views
Hi there, I’m in a bit of a pickle. I hired a tiler to do our tiling and initially he told us...
Replies
Views
Hello, this is my first post so here goes, advice needed. It was decided that I should renovate...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB