Discuss I have had a bad day. in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

A

Andy kinghorn

Dont worry about it mate,
easy to say i know,i did a complete bathroom floor to ceiling a few years ago,client chose tile etc,i was polishing off and cleaning up when she told me she hated the tile and wanted to choose another one.i got a cheque of her had it cleared rapidly.told her to get her builder to demolish it,reline bathroom then we will begin again.

A WEE BIT OF ADVICE HERE!!!!!

When i quote jobs i always put ( TILES AND GROUT COLOURS CHOSEN AND APPROVED BY CLIENT)

they then have to sign and date the quote.Still a pain the *** when you got to undo your own work but not worth a heart attack stressing about it,trust me , been there and done that.

Cheers. Andy

R

Rob Z

Enduro, at least you're going to get bad to tear it out and redo it.

One of my buddies here is currently in a jam because the customer hates the installation he did and wants him to redo everything on his dime. She says his workmanship is fine, she just "hates the tile". She chose it, along with the decorator. She doesn't have a leg to stand on, but in the meantime my friend is in a jam because the builder is raising hell with him and the homeowner is screaming and is just plain nuts. She has enough money to bleed everyone dry if she decides to fight about it long enough.

When he said "how was I supposed to know you wouldn't like the tile that you chose and bought, once I had it installed?", she said "You're the professional---you should have known what this would look like". :mad2:

You can't fix crazy, nor can you fix pure-nutso clients.:prrr:

Reply to I have had a bad day. in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Subscribe to Tilers Forums

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi, Need to choose a grout for the above. For the black floor tiles 300x600 am thinking either...
Replies
Views
After annoying the guys in my local CTD for about an hour looking at samples and agonising on...
Replies
Views
Hi, Just wondering what the general consensus is with grout for a shower. I have epoxy grouted...
Replies
Views
Renovated the bathroom on my 1970 bungalow last year. Took up the old pink floor tiles with sds...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone please give me some advice. I have an old bathroom and I want to turn it into a...
Replies
Views

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Advertisement

Thread Information

Title
I have had a bad day.
Prefix
N/A
Forum
UK Tiling Forum
Start date
Last reply date
Replies

Thread Tags

Which tile adhesive brand did you use most this year?

• Palace

• Kerakoll

• Ardex

• Mapei

• Ultra Tile

• BAL

• Wedi

• Benfer

• Tilemaster

• Weber

• Other (any other brand not listed)

• Nicobond

• Norcros

Results are only viewable after voting.

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.