UK Tiling Forum for UK Tile Advice

Comply with UK Tiling Standards and Research Tiling on your UK Tiling Forum. The tiling community that provides free wall and floor tile fixing advice to the United Kingdom.

Discuss I Pads in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Staffordshire, UK
The iPad has a fair sized screen to be honest, and the quality of shots in the newest ipad is unreal. Thousands more pixels than even some of your best laptops out these day. So the clarity will be there.

I would imagine a bulky laptop, especially an old with with poor battery, is just too unreliable and difficult to allow the customer to concentrate on the job when you're holding it in a tight bathroom trying to show them the pictures and browse the web while it's balancing on one arm or the window cill.

The iPad they can hold while you walk around the room pointing and things, and telling them to swipe the screen to seen the next picture when they're ready.

It's top class stuff IMO - especially when I hear of electricians using them to give there and then impressions on their building of solar panels and the likes just by taking a picture and converting it to a cartoon style drawing, and then it automatically sticks 2 or more options of panel layouts on the roof. Can use GPS, the built-in compass, and other features to pin point the sun and whatnot too. Imagine that!

I can't wait for such common tradesmen apps to be available worldwide. You should see some of the investment that goes into apps from american manufacturers of products. I wish they sold them all over here and launched the apps here too!

You would definitely scrap that bulky laptop for one if TTA bought out some range of unique apps for the tile trade. I promise you.

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to I Pads in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi guys and girls. Need a bit of feedback from you, VIA EMAIL (I'll close this thread) - Send...
Replies
Views
D
At 365Drills we are always improving and this year (2012) we turn our attention to the most...
Replies
Views
B
Hiya me again, and guess what it's Anydrite again, but i'm hoping something positive. As we all...
Replies
Views
Gazzer
G
I hate these types of companies. Check this out. A company named Group 3 Energy setup some...
Replies
Views
C
How hard can it be to find a decent tiler!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Quick background (might have...
Replies
Views
Time's Ran Out
T

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.