UK Tiling Forum for UK Tile Advice

Comply with UK Tiling Standards and Research Tiling on your UK Tiling Forum. The tiling community that provides free wall and floor tile fixing advice to the United Kingdom.

Discuss I Phone 4 deals in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

Y

Yorkshire Tiling Services

what is best deal out there at moment, my phone is up for renewal soon so will be getting I Phone, not bothered about loads of data, so 500mb is enough for me as will do for e mails, facebook, surfing, tilers forum etc. I have computer at home for other stuff.
This deal is 24 month contract,at £25 per month plus VAT... I think this is unbeatable..

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This is an incredible deal offering you a MASSIVE amount of FREE minutes & Texts every single month – plus FREE International calls. It’s perfect for Business owners or employees who love the freedom to chat for as long as you like, but also want to dramatically slash your current mobile costs…

tick2.jpg
3000 FREE Landline calls - per handset
tick2.jpg
1500 FREE Any network minutes - per handset
tick2.jpg
3000 FREE Text messages - per handset
tick2.jpg
500 MB of Data
tick2.jpg
FREE International calls included
tick2.jpg
FREE Group calls
tick2.jpg
FREE iPhone 4 Handset

Last edited by a moderator:
S

Stef

are you paying 655 for a 12 month contract though as thats how im reading it unless im gettin confused.com lol

Yeah i am but im only tied into a 12 month contract not a 24, its ok if you can upgrade after 12 months as new phones are coming out thick & fast if you want to keep up with the jonses.
I suppose its down to personal choice.
Yorkie has got a good deal but i never get myself tied into that long a contract.

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Staffordshire, UK
I always buy mine outright. Then you can upgrade the phone every year when the new one comes out, and get a good price for your 12 month old one. If you take out Apple Care you can even send it back when you've bought your new one, claiming the wifi drops out or something that's covered under the manufacturers warranty, and get a brand new one to sell on. Get a bit more then.

Then it costs me £10 per month for 'unlimited' 3G, and I get texts and calls I've never used since I've had it first time 2 and a half years ago. So it costs me £120 per year for all the gubbins. And I sell the old phone for £100 less than I bought it for. So £220 per annum and I upgrade every year guaranteed.

Doesn't make sense to get a contract IMO.

Y

That deal will cost you £720 over the length of your contract

I just signed back on with Tesco mobile, IPhone 4s
£235 up front,
12 month contract
750 mins calls
5000 txts
1GB
unlimited wifi
£35.00 per month.

this will cost me £655 for length of contract.

Try Moneysavingexpert.com, Martin Lewis, he will tell you the best deal out there just now.

Eeerm.. is not yours more expensive for 12 months ? If you multipy yours by 2, then more than mine, ok you get more internet, but less calls...
I want a phone with some internet access... I have a computer at home for most stuff. 750 mins of calls is very poor in comparison.

S

Stef

Its down to a lot of factors when you are buying a new phone, especially an IPhone.
The companies need to make back as much as they can because the IPhone is so expensive.
You have to consider the sell on value of the phone, the length of contract etc.
Depends what your needs are also, only you will know that.

Try Martin Lewis @ moneysavingexpert.com, he is good with tips & not just for phones

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Staffordshire, UK
Dan, how much is Apple Care?

I bought the miss's a payg IPhone 4 last year, i never thought about sending it back.
I broke my 3gs 3 weeks before my contract was up & got a new phone, just sold it there for £200.

£60 - It extends your warranty by three years. Or 2 years on top of your normal 12 months or whatever. As it is per serial number you can't transfer it to your newer phone the next year, but what you can do if you sell your phone to a friend or aquatint is just keep the phone in your name and keep the warranty - therefore they too know that they have warranty for 2 years (or slightly less) therefore the phone is worth more still.

I've had a few iPhones now and so has the Mrs. We've not had problems with many but clearly don't keep them longer than 12 months.

A problem I had with my 4 and my current 4S was with the camera. Whenever I used the flash the pictures came out as if they were underexposed All purple and misty. I've had this problem with my 4 for about 6 months, about the time I swapped it due to "wifi dropping out" (screen being scratched a tiny bit) - then when I got my 4S I had the same problem!!!!!!

Turns out it was the protective cover thing they come with that I left on the back so the flash was lighting it up like an optic fibre cable would perhaps light up. Made the picture purple or blue and really dodgy. Fix was: remove the bloody thing.

haha - A mate named me flash for a week or so lol

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Staffordshire, UK
Eeerm.. is not yours more expensive for 12 months ? If you multipy yours by 2, then more than mine, ok you get more internet, but less calls...
I want a phone with some internet access... I have a computer at home for most stuff. 750 mins of calls is very poor in comparison.

You pay a small premium to have just a 12 month contract. As you are out of it and can shop around after that period. In a 24 month case you're stuck - but they still only need to cover one phone, one customer support load of calls, one bill per month, one direct debit per month etc etc etc - so they do still profit moreso than a 12 month contract, they just charge you a bit less to counter balance that and keep you with them for twice the period.

Y

I always buy mine outright. Then you can upgrade the phone every year when the new one comes out, and get a good price for your 12 month old one. If you take out Apple Care you can even send it back when you've bought your new one, claiming the wifi drops out or something that's covered under the manufacturers warranty, and get a brand new one to sell on. Get a bit more then.

Then it costs me £10 per month for 'unlimited' 3G, and I get texts and calls I've never used since I've had it first time 2 and a half years ago. So it costs me £120 per year for all the gubbins. And I sell the old phone for £100 less than I bought it for. So £220 per annum and I upgrade every year guaranteed.

Doesn't make sense to get a contract IMO.

Did like your post.... BUT .. how many calls and texts do you get for £10 a month ?

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Staffordshire, UK
Once you've invested the initial outlay of the first phone, say £500, it's cost you £120 on top of that for the first year. You sell the phone for £400 so it's actually cost you £220 for 12 months.

You buy the next phone £500, you do the same.

You keep doing it each year.

The year you stop doing it - you sell the phone and get your £100 less than your initial £500 investment.

So once your first investment is out of the way, it's costing you £220 per year.

Texts I never run out of, 3G i never run out of, calls I ran out of in France this year. I used about 4 months worth of built up credit that week.

I make international calls, text a lot, 3G is going all day every day. I can't see a person every needing anything more.

If you need to make long distance calls, or contact a certain person via message, or whatever - there are other ways of going about that on such a phone. I couldn't imagine a person buying an iPhone and not using its full capability and ending up with even a mere £100 bill each month. If you're getting bills around £50 even - you're not using it right.

Just IMO buddy.
Clearly we all use our phones differently etc etc

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Staffordshire, UK
Did like your post.... BUT .. how many calls and texts do you get for £10 a month ?

Ill check for you. I think I get 500 texts. "Unlimited 3G" (it isn't actually unlimited - but I've never been charged for it). And some calls - I'll check on the calls thing for you.

It's an 02 tariff just for iPhones so you might be able to find the info on their website. There are a few options you can have more calls and no texts or no calls and all texts but clearly the 3G thing is needed on my part so I think I took a hit on calls and texts for taking that out as unlimited.

Will hit you back in the week though with my actual tariff info.

Try to look into it though. I've saved a fortune I swear to god. And times that by two as the Mrs has one. We're probably cutting out on about £50's worth of bills each month. And also get to upgrade yearly when as we're not in a contract.

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Staffordshire, UK
Dan, laughed at that with the protective screen thing.

I got my 4s & i could hardly hear on it but the loudspeaker was ok, i hunted through the phone for different volume settings but couldnt work it out. I was just about to phone up & complain when the misses said about the protective cover, i whipped it off & then had to turn the volume down!! :mad2:

Mad aint it!

The covers you buy have all the right holes etc. But the covers that come with them clearly need to cover those too so that they're protected during transit.

I thought I'd save 99p though by keeping the one it came with on. It only screwed up about 300 photo's haha

The things you learn hey?!

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Staffordshire, UK
You know I forgot to say too. If you're VAT registered clearly you can claim back all the VAT. Then offset the rest of the costs against your tax. Then in 12 months time when you come to upgrade just write the phones off. But then sell them cash. Buy the new phones with that but claim back the VAT and offset against your tax again and they end up nearly free.

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to I Phone 4 deals in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

R
Does anyone here use Tesco Mobile? Always seeking out a bargain I find, for example, a Motorola...
Replies
Views
S
T
I know some peeps have been quiet recently but I have found the last few months to be mad, the...
Replies
Views
T
D
right, it's been such a long time since I had a mobile phone contract, I see life has moved on...
2 3
Replies
Views
Deleted member 9966
D
R
Hello all, some of you will know that I managed to get my hands on some of the Weber gypsum...
Replies
Views
D
O
Orange have increased the out of bundle call charges. so when you go over your free minutes or...
Replies
Views
doug boardley
D

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.