Discuss I predict a riot in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

G

Gall.B

Hey, I wasn't there!

Just dig a bit deeper - bbc / sky / google news - all "sanitised" these days.
Personally since certain events in 2001, I take everything with a big pinch of salt.
The internet has many more sources of news.
Some is exagerated, some is pure fantasy, but lots of it is first hand and often near to real-time.

Always avoid UK sources myself Impish, here in Scotland 95% of our media outlets are London based.

S

SandyFloor

I predict a riot i predict a riot

i think i did sometime ago on a post cant remember what it was called

only thing i got wrong was i think that it was going to start in Liverpool

I remember that from February .......... http://www.tilersforums.com/general-chat/45790-update-saad-cairo.html

I
t was very unspecific but appeared to compare our situation to that of Egypt at the time ( I don't think so). A riot somewhere in the country between February and the end of the year won't get you great odds at the bookies even without an economic slump.

U

user123

Somebody just asked what was going on in London on google+ and that was my reply, so to save me the bother I just copied and pasted.

Thuggery, theft, greed, mindless violence by even more mindless selfish low life morons who have absolutely no right nor excuse to behave like that, who should be forced at gunpoint if need be to work to clean up their mess and work for free to make good all the damages, a curfew should be imposed to arrest anyone out on the streets, god I am so mad, and that takes some. Ball and chain and forced labour suddenly seems a very good idea.

O

One Day

Calm down Mosaic Girl! Ball and chain. Gun Point!
What these poor disaffected youths need is sympathy and understanding.
They have human rights too you know!
Maybe a nice holiday or motorsports week-ends would do the trick. :smilewinkgrin:

Stable doors and bolted horses springs to mind, as well as "you'll reap what you sow".
This has been brewing for at least three generations.
My daughters' nursery school teachers weren't even allowed to use the word "naughty" when reprimanding a child.

Last edited by a moderator:
S

Stewart

This is absolutely disgusting behaviour from mindless scum in my opinion.......There is no excuse for this behaviour, from people just hellbent on destroying and looting their own community. The sooner the powers-at-be have greater power to deal with this the better.

I'm sick and tired of listening to people on the news defending this kind of behaviour and blaming the government, the rich, the cuts and the police for this instead of taking a good look at themselves.........

---
- Sent From iPhone...

S

strummerman

This is absolutely disgusting behaviour from mindless scum in my opinion.......There is no excuse for this behaviour, from people just hellbent on destroying and looting their own community. The sooner the powers-at-be have greater power to deal with this the better.

I'm sick and tired of listening to people on the news defending this kind of behaviour and blaming the government, the rich, the cuts and the police for this instead of taking a good look at themselves.........

---
- Sent From iPhone...
G and stewart well said well for impish would he say the same if it was his shop or car set fire to

O

One Day

Sorry strummerman, I don't want to be insensitive to what's going on. Must be terrifying to be caught up in it.
I'm just sick of the commentators on tv and radio almost excusing the rioting.
Radio 4 this morning was a complete dressing down of the assistant police commisioner at the MET. He should have told John Humphries to shut the flup up!

There are reasons for everything. I think the main reason for the looting is wanting a new TV or new trainers etc.
The reason why they are bold enough to defy police lines and just carry on - that's the interesting bit in my opinion.

Course, if it were happening here, and now, I wouldn't be debating this.
Just running....(or fighting to defend my stuff!)

CJ

TF
Arms
Somerset
Stop pussyfooting about, and bring out the water canons and rubber bullets.

Mindless morons who are jumping on the bandwagon and rioting just because they can get away with it.

All because some so called gangster shot at police and got shot dead himself. Round them all up and let them fight it out amongst themselves and kill themselves.

SCUM.

Last edited by a moderator:

Reply to I predict a riot in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

I just set new porcelain 8 x 8 tile in my rear entryway (3 ft x 3 ft area). I love the results...
Replies
Views
https://www.tilersforums.com/threads/shower-bath-tiling-preparation-plaster-and-wooden-windowsill...
Replies
Views
P
Hiya I know this was 10 years ago hoping you still use the same email address and get this...
Replies
Views

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Advertisement

TF Group Please Join

Thread Information

Title
I predict a riot
Prefix
N/A
Forum
UK Tiling Forum
Start date
Last reply date
Replies

Thread Tags

Tags
usa

Which tile adhesive brand did you use most this year?

• Palace

• Kerakoll

• Ardex

• Mapei

• Ultra Tile

• BAL

• Wedi

• Benfer

• Tilemaster

• Weber

• Other (any other brand not listed)

• Nicobond

• Norcros

Results are only viewable after voting.

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.